Prologue

*Note* Header credit from moondrop-crossing.tumblr.com/ 

Please leave any suggestions for the story in the comments, I really hope you enjoy reading! 

Y/N - Your Name H/C - Hair Color H/L Hair Length E/C Eye Color I/N Island Name

| Wilbur's POV |

I adjusted my dark sunglasses, though it wasn't much of an aide in the heavy rain that pelted my back and feathers. Orville and I had landed on an island not terribly far from where we'd originated, but there still remained quite a distance when the journey home required traversing through an unforeseen rain storm, and thus we had decided to land the plane and wait the worst out. It was an island I didn't recognize, nothing to really distinguish it from the others yet I found that odd considering how long we'd been at this business, especially since it was fairly mild in proximity from the mainland. I was standing on the pier while Orville sat warming his blue and yellow feathers in the plane, his eyes fixated on his Nook Phone.

"Why not come back in the plane? It's cold and the forecast says the storm should die down within thirty minutes." Orville shouted over the rain through the slightly opened window. 

"I just..want to explore." I replied. "I'll be back in five." 

With Orville's shrug, I trudged onto the grassland and began to take note of the island's landscape. Weeds dotted most spaces, as is the case with several of the uncharted land in this area. Peaches sat on a few trees, their beautiful pink coloring encouraging any witness to come shake them down. My gaze shifted away, however, the rain weakening any appetite I'd had previously. An inconspicuous detail was the single red petaled hyacinth in the middle of the isle. It was odd, usually flowers were like the weeds, finding life in most every corner. Why only one? And why only in the middle? 

I approached the lone flower, feeling almost sad for it as it sat alone in the rainstorm in the middle of nowhere. I hesitated, glancing around me, and picked it up with my wing. I haven't seen this type back on I/N...maybe I'll bring it back with me.

My eyes flickered upwards, noticing slight movement ahead. Was that...hair? 

"Orville!" I yelled into my walkie talkie.

"W-What!?" He spoke suddenly, startled.

"I think I found something...or someone." I noted as I came closer, treading carefully.

"Someone? Wilbur, get back to the plane now!" He shouted, his voice betraying twinges of fear and excitement. 

A human lay in front of me, unconscious, cold, and alone, much like the flower. 

"No..it's..it's a girl."

~