twenty-one.

I climbed out of the ditch, Wanda having already flown away from Natasha and I, on her way to go and help Vision

I climbed out of the ditch, Wanda having already flown away from Natasha and I, on her way to go and help Vision. I sighed, looking down at the forcefield, a steady stream of aliens filing in, the large wheels still ripping apart soldiers from each side as they cut through the grass, kicking up all the dirt. I looked past the dome, seeing the large ships opening up once again, thousands of aliens dropping from all levels as they landed on the ground.

"Can we work on destroying the ships?" I asked through my earpiece, Natasha standing beside me as we both watched as one of the ships closed up again. "No mother ships no aliens right?" I added after not hearing anyone reply to me for a moment, making me look around. There was a loud rumble as one of the ships lifted into the air, the bottom of it lighting on fire from it's repulsers as it lifted itself into the air. "I'll do it" Thor grumbled in reply as I saw him flying towards the one that had lifted off of the ground, his axe outstretched in front of him, summoning lightening to it.

Natasha and I stood and watched as he crashed right into the side of it, the opening blowing up as he flew straight out the other side, angling down to the ground to destroy the other ones. "Thank you" I said simply, the large wheels still ripping their way through the field, no one knowing exactly how to destroy them, and those who could are much needed in other places.

"Steve, where are you?" I asked, knowing that he had gone to help Vision, and I was sure that he would need as much help as he could muster. "In the trees" I heard him say back to me as I turned around, the small patch of trees and mountain that was still within the forcefield boundary. "Rhodey can, you give us a ride?" I asked, looking up into the air, Sam no where to be seen, probably having been grounded by something.

"On my way" he replied to me as Natasha let out a sigh, scratching the back of her neck as she winced, stretching it as it cracked a few times loudly. "I think I just snapped my own neck" she said with a grunt, making me look over at her as she clutched her neck, letting out a hiss of pain. "We are in a battle and you kill yourself?" I asked her as she dropped her hand, holding her head at on odd angle as she cracked her knuckles quickly as well, stiff from all the blows she had been taking.

Rhodey landed harshly directly behind us, straightening up as he popped open the front of his helmet, looking between us. "Who's killing themselves?" he asked as he held out his hand, shooting a large blast at a crowd of aliens bounding their way towards us. "You'll be killing me if you drop me" I said to him as he smiled at me quickly, Natasha and I walking over to him as he grabbed onto the back of our jackets.

"Might take you up on that offer" Rhodey said before the front of his helmet closed, his grasp tightening on my jacket as I held my staff tightly in my hand, not wanting to drop it in the air. "Stay still" Rhodey said to the two of us as Natasha ran her hands through her hair quickly, sighing. "Obviously" she said as Rhodey took off of the ground, the wind slapping me in the face as I closed my eyes tightly, not being able to keep them open anymore.

We flew towards the trees and no matter how many times I had gotten Tony to give me ride with his suit I had still never gotten used to it. We got there snappily, Rhodey landing on the grass as I stumbled onto the ground, opening my eyes up once again as I buckled over. "Air sick?" Natasha asked me with a laugh as she looked around, Rhodey moving around us and walking into the trees a bit more, leaving us there as he went to help in the fight that was undoubtedly going on.

"I will never get used to it" I said to her as I straightened up, shaking my head as she nodded her head at me, a hint of a smirk on her face. "Come on" she said as she started running in the direction Rhodey had gone, the sound of grunted audible in the trees already. I sighed as I snapped my staff into two batons clicking them onto my back as I followed after her, knowing that the real fight was only about to start.

——

A/N: hey guys, I decided to give you a calm chapter before the storm, which I hope you are all ready for
what are your predictions for the dusting huh? would be interesting to know
please do not forget to vote and comment and I will be seeing you tomorrow

A/N: hey guys, I decided to give you a calm chapter before the storm, which I hope you are all ready forwhat are your predictions for the dusting huh? would be interesting to know please do not forget to vote and comment and I will be seeing you t...