ten.

I was sitting in the pilots seat of the quinjet, having swapped out with Bruce, Rhodey sitting at the chair beside me as I reached up, flipping a few switches

I was sitting in the pilots seat of the quinjet, having swapped out with Bruce, Rhodey sitting at the chair beside me as I reached up, flipping a few switches. Steve and Bruce stood behind us, Bruce's hand on my chair as he crouched, staring out the window to figure out where we were going. He scrunched his eyebrows as he looked over at Rhodey who shrugged his shoulders, confused on what they were both seeing.

"Okay, prepare for descent" I said to Rhodey, flipping a few more switches as I prepared to lane the jet. "Descent to where? We are literally over the rainforest" Rhodey said to me, pointing at the planes of trees down below, before quickly setting his hand back on the controls. "Trust me" I said to him as he let out a breath, shaking his head as he flipped a few buttons on his side.

"I'm not crashing into the trees" He said to me as I let out a breath, a hint of a smile on my face as I flicked a switch next to the controls, looking ahead once again. "You just wait" I said to him, pushing the controls down, heading straight towards a certain patch of trees, secretly hoping that I had the right place.

We made our way down into the trees quickly, Steve and Bruce grabbing onto the rails on the ceilings as Bruce held on extra tightly. In the last minute the trees disappeared, the country of Wakanda coming into view as we flew straight through the forcefield. "Wow" Both Rhodey and Bruce said as we flew over the fields of the African country, the skyline of the tall city buildings in the distance. The forcefield materialised behind us as I let out a small breath, Bruce moving forward as he looked around.

"What is this place?" Bruce asked us as Rhodey shook his head in disbelief, making me smile as he crouched down, looking all around us. "Wakanda" Steve said to him, making him let out another breath of exclamation, shaking his head gently. Rhodey looked over at me, a smug smile on his face as he nodded his head slowly, approving of the place we were going to receive aid for this fight.

!

The jet was sitting perfectly landed on the large stretch of tarmac in the middle of the Wakandan city, pulling my arms out of the straps of the chair as I stood up, Steve opening up the back of the jet. We all disembark from the jet, Steve and Nat at the front as I walked in between Bruce and Rhodey behind them. Vision was being supported by both Wanda and Sam behind us, the robot still in pain as he clutched onto his side which still wasn't managing to regenerate.

"Do we bow?" Bruce asked us quietly, looking confused as T'Challa and his crowd Dora Milaje made their way over to us all. "Yeah" Rhodey said, nodding his head, looking over at me with a serious look on his face as i nodded my head at Bruce. "Obviously he's a king" I told him, Bruce looking over at me before nodding his head slowly, scrunching his eyebrows.

"Seems like i'm always thanking you for something" Steve said, stopping in front of T'Challa as they smiled at each other, shaking hands quickly. T'Challa looked over at us as Bruce awkwardly bowed next to me, making me laugh a little. "Dude what are you doing?" Rhodey asked him, Bruce straightening up as he looked at both Rhodey and I confused.

"We don't do that here" T'Challa said to him, holding his hands out as Bruce nodded his head, looking over at me with a stern look which i replied to with a wide grin, finding that pretty funny. "Thank you" I said, turning to T'Challa as he nodded his head at me, smiling as we all started walking once again, making our way towards the large administrative building in front of us.

"How big of an assault can we expect?" T'Challa asked us as, looking back at us as Bruce sped up a little bit, clasping his hands in front of him. "Sir, I think we can expect a really big assault" Bruce said to him, scratching the back of his neck shyly as T'Challa nodded his head at that reply. "How we looking?" I asked as he let out a breath, using his hands to point at his female guards.

"You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje" T'Challa told us nodding his head over to some kingsguard who were rushing over to lead both Vision and Wanda over to the labs to hopefully fix him and get the stone from his head. I looked over at Wanda as she tried to shoot me the best smile she could, which looks very forced and fake as I nodded my head reassuringly at her.

"Plus a semi stable 100 year old man" Bucky said, coming into view as he smiled at all of us, my eyes going straight to the new sleek black metal arm he was supporting. He walked over, all of us stopping as Steve hugged him, slapping him on the back as they smiled. "How have you been Buck?" Steve asked him, letting go of him first, Bucky raising his eyebrows as he nodded his head slowly.

"Not bad for the end of the world" he replied shrugging his shoulders as I walked forward to the pair of them, standing on Steve's side. "Hey, doll" he said to me, causing me to mirror his smile as i shook my head at him gently. "Look at that, you're not frozen" I said, taking a step towards him as he basically engulfed me into a hug.

I realised he only used his normal arm, keeping his metal one down by his side as I took in a deep breath, taking in his scent which I hadn't smelt in a long time now. "Are you ready?" I asked him softly as I pulled away from him, taking a step back and standing by Steve, raising my eyebrows at him with a gentle smile as he nodded his head at me. "Ready as I can be, right?" he asked me as I smiled at him, trying to mask the feeling of worry at the bottom of my stomach, the whole uncertainty of this situation completely throwing me off right now.

——

A/N: hey guys, sorry i'm a bit late with this chapter but here it is even if it is a little late
Bucky is back and better than ever and i'm here to stan some Bucky content so look forward to that in the next few chapters ;)
please vote and comment and I hope you are all staying inside and safe

A/N: hey guys, sorry i'm a bit late with this chapter but here it is even if it is a little late Bucky is back and better than ever and i'm here to stan some Bucky content so look forward to that in the next few chapters ;) please vote and comment...