'Wow. That's amazing. I should have just borrowed just half of your brain before writing that exam.'

'We wouldn't  even have borrowed you.'

Jade replied him.

We were all seated in class. I meant the five of us. We've arranged our chairs in a sort of circle so that we were all facing each other.
It was exactly a week to our WAEC and classes ended already. We were majorly in school to revise by ourselves but we spent the time lazying around, pranking ourselves, gisting, playing games. We've played ludo, scrabble, monopoly, chess countless times.

We were making memories. We just finished playing scrabble when I remembered I've not told the rest of the gang about my jamb score.

'We? Who are the we? I was talking about Uthman's brain, not yours.'

'Ta' Jade replied, sticking out her tongue. 'His brain is our brain. Let that sink in.'

Hana and Dan burst into laughter and Akin gave Jade a wierd look, all the while shaking his head. I looked at Jade who was sitting right beside me. She was fully back to her normal self, smiling, joking, laughing and just being Jade.

'Uthman, just get a room already. Your eyes are going to drill holes into her body.'

I looked away from Jade to Akin who had a lopsized grin on his face.

'Akin, what's your business? Is it you he's stating at? And I'm not even complaining.

'Ohhhh, that's chessy'

Dan and Hana said at the same time and they both turned to look at each other with a smile on their faces.

'Is this a kind of soulmate something? Something like telepathy?'

Dan said and grabbed Hana's hands.

'Now, that's chessy.'

Jade said and I turned to look at her. She was looking at the duo as if they were barbarians.

'Who cares?'

Dan replied and processed to kiss Hana on the lips right there and then.

'Eeh God. What am I seeing now? You people should be more chaste na.'

Dan broke off the kiss to answer Akin.

'Chaste ko, paste ni.'

I shook my head and turned to look at Jade, she was still looking at Dan and Hana like they were barbarians, with a lips pursed in that cute way. I remembered the last time we kissed.

The first and only time.

Because the next two did not count as kisses to me. They were just pecks on the lips. I missed the feel of her lips against mine. How our lips seems to fit perfectly together. And the extremely sexy and dangerous sound she makes....

I stopped and sat up.

God. No. I can't allow my train of thoughts to go that way. It's a very dangerous territory.

I don't think she was ready for any form of skinship after what happened. We've not even held hands since it happened. The most we've done was when we went to visit her at home, when I held her.

A chaste holding.

'Uthman!'

Jade shouted my name and that brought me out of my reverie.

'Hmm?'

'What happened? You were lost in thought.'

I dismissed it with a wave of my hand.