Chapter 17

[17]

Harper

A Few Days later

“Quinton are you sure Anastasia wouldn’t mind me being here?”

“Yeessssss for the hundredth time. Damn Naveen chill out.”

I sighed. “Where is she by the way?”

“She said she was in the house cooped up all the time after being cooped up in a hospital for weeks, with Christopher so I think she and her friend went to the spa…I don’t know, something like that.”

He stood up walking over to his crib.

“What? Who even worries about the spa days after their baby finally is okay to come home?”

He shrugged. “At least I can spend some alone time with my son. She’s always hogging him.” He bent down in the crib, scooping him up.

“He’s such a handsome baby Q. Why you look so awkward?” I chuckled.

“I’m still getting a little nervous when I hold him.” He smiled.

“Put him over your shoulder, and move his arm from under him.” He tried to but he wasn’t getting it.

“Let me see him, Can I?”

“Sure.” I reached for him as Quinton placed him in my arms. “Such a tiny baby…” I cooed adjusting him against my chest. His skin was really light still but I guess that's because he hasn't seen the light of day.

I rubbed up and down his back, feeling so cozy with him. “Look at his little booties Q!” I shrieked when I saw how small his feet still were. I sat down in the rocking chair next to his crib. “You’re such a cutie.”

He kicked his feet wildly and I giggled. “Ooouu! You like that?” He started to squirm around. He was only now about a month, basically a newborn. I really don’t know why Anastasia went into early labour, I guess those stuff just sort of happen. Pregnancy is unpredictable for the most part.

I looked up and saw Quinton staring at me. “Quinton you have rapist eyes right now, what are you thinking about so hard?” I chuckled.

“Nothing, You ever think about having babies?”

“I don’t even know. Maybe one day.”

“You should you’d be a great mother.”

“Is that sooo…” I smirked.

“Yeah.” He smiled.