- One-

"Hey, have you heard?

There is a rumour going on. 'The demon in the basement', is what it's called. If you enter a basement, you must close all the lights and call out, 'Demon in the basement, please come out!' three times. Then you open the lights and there you will see it. If it doesn't work, repeat and repeat. If the demon is summoned, they will grant your desire and it will happen. There are also three different demons. But, Only one you can summon. First is a demon with scratches and spikes wrapped around his body, they say he turned into a demon to defeat his nemesis. Second is a powerful demon elf who is the ruler of the 'abyss'. This elf may be cute and mischievous, but don't be fooled, she is skillfully manipulative so watch out. Third is the Prince of the abyss, their ruler. They say he's very intimidating. He is very strong, and can kill someone in maybe a second. The three demons are in a demonic place called 'Abyss'. A place of powerful and scary creatures and demons lurking there."

"Oh, gosh." The girl sighed hearing that rumour. "We have a basement on this school which is much more scarier. I wonder who would be brave enough to do the rumour?"

"I don't really think someone would do that. Besides, who would be even crazy enough to do it?"

Little did they know, a girl named Ruby was walking downstairs slowly, and opened the door. She looked around, looking at the view. She is currently in school and it's 5:14 pm. The students are home already.

She wouldn't get detention because she stayed late though, she has cleaning duties assigned with Claude, Bruno, and Alucard. The people she is clearly annoyed about especially that brown haired clown because he likes to play pranks on everybody. And that Alutard who keeps calling her short and "one eyed." Why? Ruby had a red eye patched which others thought was really cool and others don't think that much. There was no problem with Ruby's right eye though, she got used with her eye patch only her left eye seeing through. Also, ruby managed to excuse herself to go to the basement so she can find the towels to clean the window.

There was one time Alucard waved at ruby and said, "hey shorty!" Which she sarcastically smiled back with an obvious annoyed look. Ruby thought, even if you're charming, alucard, you can never fool me. And laugh sarcastically out loud with an annoyed expression while others seemed confused and stared at her why she was laughing all by herself like some maniac or they murdered someone they hate.

Now here where Ruby is. There was a strong desire she wishes would be granted. She was brave and scared at the same time, not knowing what might happen.

But ruby was determined to get the wish she wants to happen. That's why she is now looking around the basement with one light to flick open.

—Chapter 1: Summoning the demon—

The basement looks like something you've seen in horror movies, with only one light available. The basement was filled with the obvious, box filled around and other messy equipments. But luckily she found the cleaning tools she needed. She'll get it later. 'I wonder what janitors do In here.' She wondered. She took a deep breath and and mustered her bravery and decided to do it.

'Here goes nothing.' Ruby nervously gazed on the "on and off" switch for the light. She closed her eyes and pressed the "off" and, assuming the lights are closed because her eyes are closed.

After a couple of seconds she muttered, "Demon in the basement, please come out!" Then she repeated it again for another two times. Then she squeaked not loud, embracing what will happen. Her hand was shaking, then she opened the lights.

No one or nothing was there, just the usual.

Ruby waited . . .

She closed the lights and repeated the words again. Opened, and saw nothing.

She then started to close and open the lights repeatedly while saying "Demon in the basement, please come out!" Again and again. Like her nervousness and fear were all gone.

.
.

.
She did the ritual all wrong on the second.

"Auuuuugghhhhh." Ruby dropped on the floor and grumbled. How could she be stupid to believe this rumour. But not all rumours were true. Some were made up and some weren't. She was annoyed.

"HA!" Ruby stand up, her eye twitching. "I legit wasted my courage to do it." She hold her chest where her heart is located. "And here I thought I could fulfill my wish." She faked cried dramatically like some broken-hearted person where their boyfriend broke up with them.

She sighed. It was a waste of time. So she turned around to go away and go home. Before she went to the basement, Alucard and Claude managed to escape Ruby from cleaning so Bruno and Ruby were the only ones to clean. Ruby swore she would get revenge on them. Just they wait.

Ruby immediately stopped in her tracks. Did she hear it right? It looks like someone or something bumped on a box that made a little bit of loud noise and it moved a little. She slowly stared turning around but saw nothing. 'Huh, That was weird.' She thought.

Ruby noticed the box which was bumped on the position it wasn't there before. She slowly started walking towards the box and kneeled down to look at it.

Curiosity took over her and she decided to open the large box, not minding not care what made it move. "Whaaaaaat, the school year book was here all along??" She gasped in amaze. "But I thought this was missing!"

Apparently a few years ago where ruby was in 7th grade, the school yearbook was missing and the 7th grade batch groaned, while others looked happy. Happy probably because they looked like crap with makeup on or so. She still loved her school though.

She ignored the fact that she tried to summon a demon and the boxed move where no one else was in there and was to focused on finding her 6th grade batch yearbook. And there she found it. With loads of book, how a waste when no one got to see it.

She scrolled to find her picture. She managed to see the others picture and laugh at some. Especially on Claude since he was the class clown. She saw Alucard's then grumbled. Lesley also looked cool here as well as Gusion. Ah, Gusion, the popular guy. She doesn't have romantic feelings for him, though.

"Aha!" She found hers and—

Ruby slammed the book shut with a cringed expression on her face. She decided to place the book where it belongs and fix the box. She grabbed the towels with her too.

'The rumour probably wasn't real. Might as well go back now.' Ruby sighed once more, disappointed.

Suddenly, Ruby felt a tap on her shoulder. She didn't seem scared at first, she was oblivious. "Yes?" Ruby turned around but saw nothing and she snapped back at her self. She gasped but suddenly the towel she was holding was taken.

She turned around and there, and she saw a demon.

"Hmm." His grin sent chills down her spine. He swayed the towel he was holding playfully. Looking at the towel, then turned his head to face her. "I got it."

——

Here's chapter 1!
Hope y'all enjoyed reading!