Chapter 14

**Here it is!! Nat finally popped!

I groaned slightly and patted Sutton's arm, which was wrapped around me as we watched a marathon of Untold Stories of the ER. "Gotta pee, again. Need anything while I'm up?"

He removed his arm and shook his head, curls bouncing freely along his forehead. "Nah, I can get it myself."

I rolled my eyes. "Goose, I'm walking right through the kitchen, and will be getting myself something. Please let me get you whatever you need."

He bit his lip and nodded. "You're right. Sorry, Nat. Just wanted more lemonade."

I leaned forward and kissed him. "I'm sorry for being a brat. Just want this baby to get the fuck out of me already."

Sutton smiled and squeezed my shoulder. "Soon." I hefted myself off of the couch and began to waddle my way to the bathroom. It was now three days past the due date my doctor had estimated, and I was beyond ready to be done. Most recently, I was fed up with peeing all the time, as well as the recurring Braxton Hicks contractions I had been having. After finishing up in the bathroom, I went into the kitchen to get Sutton and I some lemonade. As I was finishing with the pouring, I was hit with another round of pain starting in my lower back and radiating down into my legs.

"Motherfuck," I groaned, gripping the counter tightly. I took several deep breaths as I tried to stand in a position that would ease the pain—unfortunately I couldn't find one. Once the pain had subsided, I wiped the tears that I hadn't known I'd shed away and waddled back to the living room.

Sutton studied me as I handed him his lemonade. "Another one?"

I nodded briefly, trying not to panic. "Yeah. It was bad, and moving didn't help it like the other ones."

"Uh, okay, um, how long ago was the last one you had?" He asked as I dropped down next to him.

"Half an hour, maybe?

"And these are different than the fake ones?"

"I think so? I don't know, Goose, I'm freaking out."

"Do you want to call Doctor Flores?"

"She said to call when they're five minutes apart for at least an hour."

"Or if you're starting to panic," Sutton reminded me, rubbing my back.

I shook my head. "We're not calling Doctor Flores yet." I rubbed my head. "Can you just text my mom and Louis that I'm contracting but it's not time yet?"

"Of course, babe." After using my phone to text Louis and my mom, he continued rubbing my back. "You're gonna do great, Natalie."

"You have to say that. You're playing the role of Supportive Boyfriend."

Sutton laughed. "No, I'm serious, Natalie. You're going to kick ass. You've read the books, Louis has read the books, hell, even Garrett and I have read the books. Doctor Flores is literally a professional at delivering babies. Your mom is a hell of a mom. Babe, you have got an amazing support system. We're not gonna let you fail."

I smiled and kissed him deeply. "What did I ever do to deserve you, Goose?"

He shrugged and kissed my forehead. "I think I was just in the right place at the right time."

"Will..." I sighed. "Will you stay in the room with me? Just until it's time to push. We don't know when Mom is gonna be here and I just...need you there for as long as possible." Cleveland had been getting ransacked with snow and her flights kept getting delayed and cancelled—she was supposed to fly in a few days before my initial due date, but the snow was never ending.