~Zayn~

- Get ready to welcome the star😎

What? -

Wait!!! -

You're coming back?! -

- That's right😄

OMG seriously?! You're not kidding, are you? -

- Nope I'm not

When?! -

- Tomorrow afternoon. New York airport

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see you!!! -

- Same here!

- I gotta go. Some stuff. See you😛

Travel safe~ -

- I will😊

I can't believe he's finally coming back after six whole years!

This is so exciting!!

I'll get to talk to Zayn, face to face, while he'll be in front of me in the flesh!!

"Why are you so happy?" Heidi poked my forearm before bending sideways to see my texts.

"He's coming back Heidi! Zayn's coming back!!" I screamed with joy, hastily packing up my bag and ran to the exit before Heidi could say anything.

I can't wait to tell the news to Brandon. He's gonna be so thrilled!! 

I got onto his car with a wide grin that I took no care to hide which made Brandon smile at me after hurriedly hanging up the call he was in.

What was that about? Nah... Must be an emergency call.

"Took you long enough. Why so happy though?" He asked.

"Zayn's coming back tomorrow!" I blurted out in the car and waited for Brandon's reaction.

"Really?! That's great news!" He beamed with what seemed like surprise and excitement, not as much as I thought he would be which made me frown a bit.

"You don't look so happy." I remarked bluntly, pouting and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well for one thing, he and I weren't that close and second, the only thing I'm happy about his return is that I no longer have to wait." Brandon stated matter-of-factly.

"Wait for what?" I cocked an eyebrow to show my confusion.

"To make you mine. Forever." His gaze softened and got serious at the same time, and a genuine heartwarming smile spread across his face.

"I thought I had made myself clear that I hate you being cheesy."

Lying to myself that it didn't make my heart skip a beat and blood rush to my cheeks I looked away from Brandon's eyes, clearing my throat awkwardly.

"Enough with the act Kara. I've known you for my whole life to see through your lies."

He laughed before starting the engine of the car and skillfully driving out of the parking lot of the broadcasting station with a single turn after a couple of years of practice of working there.

"Should we eat out tomorrow? With Zayn? Will he be too tired? Do you think he'll like Italian? Or Chinese?" Being unable to contain my excitement and happiness from the joyful news I got a few dozen minutes ago, I started asking tons of questions during the car ride.

"Wow I'm honored to have a girlfriend who didn't look this exciting when her best friend asked her out or when her boyfriend moved in with her." Brandon scoffed.

"I really was excited when those happened but I just didn't show it." I said truthfully.

"And why exactly is that?"

" I dunno. Maybe you have a huge ego that didn't need more pumping unlike humble Zayn."

My intention of making Brandon jealous was starting to take effect. I could see his ears getting red and his grip on the steering wheel get more tighter.

"You're so lucky I love you too much or you might have had to walk the way home in this freezing weather."

Taking this chance to make Brandon flustered I leaned from my seat and pecked his cheek quickly before drawing back just a second after. He was totally surprised and started blushing slightly, his widened eyes fixed on the road. I giggled to myself seeing how easily I could change his mood with a simple action.

"I love you too."

[A/N]
I really dunno why I skipped years of time in both of my stories😂