Chapter 27 ~ Okay ladies, now let's get in formation

"Cap! What do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Clint yells in the coms.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!"

"I can do that if you give them to me," I say as I run around the battlefield.

"No! We need to get them back where they came from." Bruce tells us.

"No way to get 'em back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." Tony reminds us.

"Hold on! That wasn't our only time machine."

My eyes widen at Scott's comment as I hear his car alarm play La Cucaracha in the distance.

"The van." I breathe.

"Anyone see an ugly brown van out there?" Dad calls out to the team.

I run around the battlefield in search of the van. "Trying to find it," I reply.

"Yes! But you're not gonna like where it's parked!" Valkyrie replies.

"Where?"

"Otherside of the battlefield. In the middle of Thanos' army."

"Shit." I curse.

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Tony asks.

"Uh, maybe ten minutes."

"Get it started. We'll get the stones to you." Dad orders.

"We're on it, Cap." Hope's voice cuts in through the coms.

I spot Clint in the distance with the gauntlet and run toward him. I run past him, taking the glove from his hands without stopping as I continue to run throughout the battlefield to get it to the van.

"What? What the hell? Where did—' Clint starts.

I chuckle. "Don't worry Clint. I have it."

He sighs in relief. "A heads up would've been nice."

"Now where's the fun in that?" I snicker.

I form a sword with my left hand and slice through the hordes of aliens in my path. I look ahead to see the van is in sight only to be knocked to the ground. I clutch the gauntlet to my chest as I look up to see Thanos himself stalking towards me.

'How the hell did he—' I shake the thought off as I scramble to get back up and running again.

Thanos sees this and throws his sword. It impales my upper thigh and sticks into the ground, preventing me from moving. I cry out in pain and try to lodge the sword from the ground so I can take it out of my thigh.

"(Y/n)!" T'Challa runs over to me. His mask is down and I can see in his eyes that he wants to help me. I shake my head at him and he seems to understand. "Give it to me."

I toss the gauntlet to him and he runs. Thanos growls as he watches T'Challa run off with the stones. He then looks back at me with a murderous look.

'Shit.'

I try to vibrate my leg out but that just makes the pain worse and I grunt, holding in a scream. Wanda Maximoff then lands in between Thanos and me. She looks at the titan with red blazing eyes and her fist clenched.

"You took everything from me."

"I don't even know who you are."

"You will."

That's when Tony flies down and removes the sword from my thigh with me grunting in protest. He throws the sword to the side.

"Go," Wanda tells him.