french 75 . miya atsumu

Start from the beginning

he couldn't afford to buy something so big for you but knowing that if he bought a face mask that was less than 5 dollars and you'd be over the top ecstatic? he wanted to love you so bad and he knew that was out of character.

he felt his heart dancing in his chest with every laugh that left passed your glossed lips, wanting him to move into a stage in his life where he could wake up to it. maybe he was being a lame hopeless romantic, suddenly thinking about settling down just because somebody caught his attention, but he couldn't help but let his small crush become bigger as the time passed. you were a dream to him, a lover he's been piecing in his head since probably 2nd year high school and he really didn't want to let you slip from his fingers so easily.

he might even thank the event planners for mixing the names up.

"i hope dinner has been well!" the mc called out, breaking your conversation with the two males to your right. "we'll start with our raffle and start announcing our winners before moving onto some games!"

this got you to sit straighter and you didn't hesitate to focus all your brain power towards the jar of folded papers. this was one of the few prized events throughout the night, a couple being games played by the guests, but it was the only one that had the free face masks you wanted so badly. they were obviously limited edition and were (fav cartoon) themed. you had to do what you could and channelled all your inner spirit energy to make sure your number was drawn.

"what the hell are ya doing?" atsumu snickered, nudging your shoulder gently as he watched you glare forward. it was cute and he felt he needed to tease you about it to grab your attention at least once throughout the night.

"y/n's gotta get rid of all the unlucky parts of the number 13," bokuto giggled, gently patting your back, "but don't you worry y/n! if we get that pack of face masks, guaranteed, it's yours!"

the blond deadpanned. "now hold on a second," atsumu huffed, making you and bokuto turn to him. even sakusa's and hinata's attention was torn from the mc to gaze at atsumu who seemingly had something interesting to say. he pointed at your slip of paper, his finger making contact with the small slip. "that's my jersey number and i guarantee you it's gonna give you the best luck evㅡ"

"and we have lucky number 7 for the pack of facemasks!"

the whole table suddenly grew quiet and the air became sickeningly cold. atsumu swore you could have been choking his soul with your delicate fingers and this was not what he meant by catching your attention. he could only let out an awkward laugh, pressing his back against the chair he was seated on to try and escape the glares he got from 3 of his teammates and now one of japan's, maybe the world's, top models.

"nice going," sakusa shot, turning away to cut his ties with the situation to prevent getting dragged in a useless bicker.

"you jinxed it, atsumu!" you whined childishly, jutting out your bottom lip to pout and furrowing your brows to exaggerate your expression. he swore he could have cupped your face to kiss you but held back. "you're so lameeee..."

this made bokuto and hinata snicker in their seats, turning away much like sakusa had so they didn't have to deal with having made you upset. although it was nothing serious and obviously just to tease the athlete to your left.

atsumu smiled sheepishly and held his hands in the air to surrender. "sorry! sorry! i'll make it up to you, don't worry."

you only rolled your eyes and leaned back, crossing your arms as if you had the right to throw a mini tantrum in front of atsumu. what? was he your boyfriend and supposed to give you kisses until you forgave him? it would be a fat lie to claim that you didn't actually want to experience something like that with him. but for now, the answer was unfortunately 'no.'