Meeting fire...

I was walking through school like a ghost. It was only the beginning of the year yet I was already so tired. People passed by me without looking at me and I didn't notice any of them either, everybody had that same blank face on, that same tiredness in their eyes. My bag felt like twelve bricks on my back and I just wanted to go home and roll up in a blanket and watch frozen until I fell asleep. My iPod was screaming music in my ears but yet I didn't understand any of the lyrics. I sat in class, in the back like always. Sometimes, I wondered why I still came to class, it's not like the teachers, or my parents, cared. Why couldn't I just grab my stuff and run away like I always wanted to do? It was a new school, new people, new city, and I still hadn't made any friends. Who need friends anyway? I open the sketch book I always carried with me and started drawing that same sailboat I've been drawing for weeks everywhere. People were talking but it was just white noise for my brain.

But then something happened. Someone laugh, and my head jerked up. I spotted her before I knew it. She was sitting in the middle of the class, second row. Her back was turned to me, but I knew it was her. She had long brown hair that covered her back and she wore a gray beanie. Turn around! I was asking in my head. Please, turn around! She didn't. I kept staring at her. There was something about her, I couldn't quite figure out what, but it was different. She was different. The teacher walked in and greeted us, then started his class, but I wasn't listening. I was staring. I'm not ashamed of it, I was full on staring at the girl! Trying to figure out what was so different about her. Maybe she's a vampire and Twilight is real! Said the child inside of me. Shut up, would you! I answered the child. The clock was ticking, and I was staring. She must I've felt that someone was looking at her, because suddenly she turned around. I had been standing in the same position for so long that my body didn't react, and she saw me staring at her. I thought I would see anger in her eyes, or awkwardness, or even disgust, but none of that was there. She had big eyes and even cheeks, a straight nose and nice eyebrows, nothing special really. I couldn't figure out what was so different about her. She was staring at me too, and then she smiled. She smiled and I felt the universe hold his breath. Her smile was incredible, but there was something even more incredible that happened when she smiled. I heard someone one day say that when someone smile, it opens a door to their soul. Nobody can hide their true self when they smile. When she smiled, the door didn't just open, it got smashed down. Her soul was reflected in her eyes, and I was mesmerized by what I saw.

Fire!

She was burning like fire! Radiating life! She was made of fire! No, she wasn't just burning like fire, she was fire! Raging flames consuming everything in their wake! A blazing bonfire destroying everything in unbearable ecstasy! She burned so strongly, so brightly, I was completely lost for a few seconds. I didn't knew where I was and who I was, everything was forgotten, nothing existed but that smile and those eyes. The flames that I could see in them, like birds in cages. She turned away and now I could see it, I knew what I had been looking for before. Fire! I was mesmerized by her for the rest of the class, and when she left she didn't look back at me. I stayed at my place, staring the spot in the door I had last seen her.

I knew. I just knew. It was crystal clear in my head! I was going to burn my wings on her because she burned like heavenly fire!