"Yes. I remember." Sucre sighed and wondered why she was taking him down memory lane. He didn't like remembering the time when Monica had left him because he was a monster at that time. Her betrayal of their trust and lack of understanding in their relationship had turned him into an inhumane man.

He had wanted to go in search of her but she'd cleared all traces of her existence in New York except her things which were at his house. He'd hired private detectives that looked for her and found out she was now in Canada and they had been keeping tabs on her but Sucre made sure he worked on himself, cut himself from all his exgirlfriends and also built his empire so he could go back and take what was his when the time came.

Before their sudden separation, they had been having a rough time in their marriage and Monica kept telling him that she loved him and she still couldn't leave him for anything. It was at that same period that a jealous exgirlfriend of his shot her in their school premises when she went to see a friend. She had been in the hospital for almost two weeks and that was because the bullet only hit flesh, almost scraping her bone.

He blinked and heaved another sigh, feeling his mood turn gloomy.

"We had each other's backs and even when I was having my baby, you called my family all the way from India just to let them know how I was doing. I remember everything and think about how loving you've been since we met." Nancy explained gently and moved towards Sucre, who gave her a small smile.

She placed a hand on his shoulder and Sucre kept the smile on his face. "I'm glad I met you that day, with your heavy stomach...even though you had been planning on commiting suicide."

Monica ended the call and returned Andrew's phone. The MC had rounded the event and most people had left.

She wondered where Sucre was, realizing he had suddenly disappeared after they received some gifts from several of their guests who also congratulated them on Monica's pregnancy.

She set out after keeping Stephanie and Dixon with Andrew who was more than eager to have the two funny kids around him; especially after Stephanie sneakily told him that Dixon had asked her to be his girlfriend, much to his amusement.

He just couldn't get enough of the two kids.

Back at the other side of the hall which was currently unoccupied, Nancy broke down and hugged Sucre tightly. He wrapped an arm around her, grimacing at the sight of her tears. He'd seen one too many in this lifetime.

"It's okay. You're here now and you have your daughter to always comfort you. We are also here for you." He comforted.

"He's threatening me Sucre. He wants to get full custody of his daughter." She sniffed and pulled away.

Sucre shook his head. "No way in hell Nancy. He threw you out of his house didn't he?" Sucre's jaws clenched tightly.

"Do something for me Sucre." She sniffed and dabbed at her cheeks, her dark hair glistening under the brightness of the chandeliers hanging all over the spacious hall.

"Tell me Nancy."

"Be with me."

Sucre felt as if a bucket of cold water had just been dumped on his head. He took her hands off his shoulders, his body tensing. "What?"

"Yeah. I saw how lifeless you were all those years after she ungratefully left you. Also, didn't you tell me that night that you didn't like your wife?"

"I told you I didn't like her but I also remember telling you I loved her."

"Loved." She retorted and took a step back. "Past tense."