[06] Bound By Destiny

Depuis le début

"I can also tell when you're bullshxting me as well," I argued.

"It was nothing, Valyria...you worry too much," he stated.

"You're just going to keep things from me like everyone else...fine, I'm going to the tavern if you even care," I scoffed.

"Valyria...Valyria...Valyria!" he shouted.

"Just leave me alone!"

I walked towards the tavern and sat down at a table alone so I can finally get something to drink when someone sat across from me.

"You must be Valyria the Fierce Fox....I've heard tales of your adventures," stranger smirked.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Is the White Wolf here?"

"He's at the inn if you need him for a job," I answered.

"That's good because I'm actually here for you," the stranger smirked.

Something pricked my neck and I immediately grabbed the stranger's neck but my vision began to blur.

"What...did...y-you...do..."

"We've got alot talking to do especially what you, your mother and her handmaiden were doing back in Eliona," the stranger said.

I immediately passed out and woke up in chains somewhere as I remembered what happened in the tavern. I tried to get up but I felt strange when I noticed something coming down my nose and my fingers were stained red with my own blood.

"Shxt...what have you done to me?!" I questioned.

"Saving the Continent from your wrath, Hybrid," the stranger revealed.

"What...are you...talking about?" I mumbled.

"The most powerful mage in the Continent, Sera is known to carry Elder Blood like Queen Calanthe and her royal bloodline while your father, Drautos the Immortal is rumored to be related to the former Nilfgaardian king who was killed by the Usurper," he added.

"What...about...them???" I asked, sluggishly.

"They created powerful source called the Hybrid, a child born with unlimited powers and they will become the dangerous being within Continent; soon, all monsters and humans will come hunting for you and your power which is why you must die," the stranger answered.

"That...is not...your...choice...to make," I breathed.

"It's too late anyways, this venom of the Basilisk was mixed with other deadly potions and it's breaking your body down and I will be known as the One Who Killed The Hybrid," he said.

Suddenly, there was a fight going on outside so the stranger went to check it out and I took advantage to use a spell to unlock these chains. Once I was free from my chains, I fell to the ground and I felt more blood coming down my ears so I forced my body to get up as I notice my necklace was glowing.

"Geralt"

"Valyria!"

I collapsed once more but Geralt caught me as he noticed something was wrong with me.

"He...poisoned...me," I breathed.

"Fvck!"

Geralt took me back to the inn and demanded the innkeeper to send a healer to our room who kept me cool as Geralt had to get a few ingredients for the antidote. Eventually, I passed out as I remember the day Geralt gifted me the crystal necklace before he left to do his own thing as a witcher.

I was in the stables brushing Roach for Geralt before he left Kaer Morhen when I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Is this your way of saying goodbye? Sneaking up on me like when we were children," I wondered.

"I, uh, have a gift for you," Geralt stammered.

He placed a small bag in my hand which surprised me and I hesitated to look inside.

"You know if the others find out about this, you'll never hear the end of it," I teased.

"Just look inside the fvcking bag, Ria," he groaned.

I opened it to find a beautiful crystal necklace and it had a strange glow to it.

"Although you're a witcher, you shouldn't bare the burden we carry throughout our lives so I suggested you wear this instead of the medallion we usually wear," Geralt explained.

"That's very thoughtful...thank you for doing this," I smirked.

He helped me put the necklace on and I slowly turn towards him to see it when I was pushed into him by Roach. I look up to Geralt's eyes in which my heart began to race and he caressed my face before interrupting the moment by preparing Roach for the journey.

"I apologize for her antics," Geralt said.

"It's, uh, alright...she didn't hurt me whatsoever," I said.

"Goodbye Valyria," he departed.

"Goodbye Geralt"