The Arrival

Now, Winter and Weiss were 19 and 20, and Winter had been focused on her dream restaurant while Weiss was busy chasing the boys.

One day, it was announced to the city of Orsus that Prince Qrow Branwen of Mistral was coming to town and all the girls were head over heels for him. Even Weiss.

But, Winter was busy working at Duke's Diner after a night shift at Cal's Diner. She had stacked on plates and plates and she made sure that everybody was satisfied, since customer service was the only way her paycheck was gonna rise. Her mother sadly passed away from the flu and Winter had been living with Weiss and Klein ever since.

Then, after she served somebody a plate of beignets, Weiss and Klein came walking into the restaurant.

"Morning, Weiss. Morning, Klein."

"Well, good morning, Winter! How are you?", Klein said with glee.

"I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking."

"Winter, Winter, Winter!!", Weiss' bubbly personality yelled as she grabbed her blue fur warmer and wrapped it around Winter's neck. "I'm gonna need some of those man-catching beignets for Mardi Gras tonight!!"

"Who is it now, Weiss?", Winter asked, knowing that her best friend had fallen for somebody...again.

Klein barged into the girls'conversation. "Well-"

"PRINCE QROW OF MISTRAL IS COMING HERE TO ORSUS!!", Weiss cheered and hugged her father. "Oh, tell her what you did, daddy!! Tell her!!"

"We've invited Prince Qrow to be the crown prince of Mardi Gras, and we've decided to arrange a marriage for the two."

Weiss gasped. "That's it!" She grabbed a stash of money from her dad and handed it to Winter. "Here...I-I hope it's enough for your restaurant.", Weiss said with hope.

Winter looked at the money. This was it! It was enough for her to get her the restaurant she dreamed of.

"Weiss, thanks so much!! This is it...I'm getting my restaurant!", Winter said with hope.

"Woohoo!!", Weiss cheered, feeling proud for her friend. She dragged her dad out of the restaurant and waved at Winter and she went back to work.

But, in the corner, a mysterious man who some people call, The Voodoo King, who really his name is Roman Torchwick, was sitting on a table and he grinned, plotting something devious...