Finally!!!!!

"W-What? "

"What?.... "

"WHAT?! "

"Wh-What did you say?" Zayn said not trusting his ears at the moment

"*giggle* I said I love you Z" she responded with a loving smile

The students and pros kept on watching speechless

"Did anyone else expect that? " Kendo asked

"Nope" Kaminari said

"I sure as hell didn't" Sero said

"Yeah that came out of no wear" Kirishima said scratching the back of his head

Unknown to them Mina was offering a small prayer

'Please let it sail, please let it sail'

..................................

"Ava.... I don't know what to say. But if that's how you feel then-"

"Why did I do it? " she said cutting him off,

"Yeah"

She calmly sighed and continued

"Do you remember a couple of months ago when you and the other squad leaders went on that S class mission? The one in Quadrant X9? "

"You mean Project Cyanide? "

"Yeah.... that"

"Yeah I do. It was probably the most dangerous one we've taken on yet. But thankfully the mission was a success and trillions of lives were saved and-"

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!!!!"

Everyone froze after she screamed out despite her eyes not making contact with any of them

"Ava?.... "

She slowly raised her head to reveal the steady flow of tears from her eyes

"When you came back from the mission, you were hurt. Everyone that went were injure, yes but, you looked the worse. Silas, head of unit 4 told me what happened. How you used yourself as a shield to protect him from the blast waves as you were escaping during the solar system's collapse. I know your morals make you to never leave a comrade behind, but that was a cosmic supernova that was over 13 on our scales. Those things are so powerful that not even we are immune to it. YOU COULD HAVE DIED ZAYN!!! I COULD HAVE LOST YOU! You could have decided not to go. But your will to protect others more than yourself didn't even make you think twice about it! You have no regard for your personal safety and always put yourself in harms way and even stare death in the face if it meant you could save someone! "

"Gee. I wonder who else is like that " Ochako said sarcastically as all the heroes turned to a certain broccoli haired teen who shrank down not wanting to meet their gaze.

"When I saw you past out on that bed in the infirmary, I couldn't help but think what would have happened if you had died on that mission. So I thought if I could find a way to take the leadership post from you then you won't have to go on dangerous missions like that anymore. That's why I did it. I'm so sorry. I don't wanna lose you Z. You mean the world to me"

She kept on crying as Zayn quietly walked up to her and raised her chin up to look at him then without warning....

He slammed his lips on hers making her yelp in surprise

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" Mina suddenly jumped from where she was

"MY SHIP HAS SAILED!!!!! "

Ava, despite her shock and Mina's outburst, melted into the kiss enjoying every second of it

After a few moments they separated and Zayn looked at her in the eyes

"I love I too Ava, I always have. I'm so sorry for what I made you go thru. I wasn't considering how you felt about it at all and I'm sorry. I promise to be more careful from now one"

She the pecks on the lips and smiles

"That's all I wanted to hear"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys
Sorry for not updating sooner but online classes are fucking me up.

Sorry its short too but had to give this cuz it might be a while b4 I drop a new chapter.
But if u guys want me to do a filler chapter about the project cyanide mission then let me kno

Anyway gotta go and remember
Stay safe and sanitize😪😷🚶

Later peeps

~Jay.