seventeen. tommy and grace

Evie straightened up Peter's tie as they stood in the pews in the church

Evie straightened up Peter's tie as they stood in the pews in the church. Finn stood next to her complaining about being bored with Georgie on his hip so the little boy could see.

Grace's family's side was silent and calm, while Tommy's was chaos with John and Esme's baby screaming and Michael and Ada dying of laughter at Karl.

Someone handed a song sheet up to Evie which she took from them with a thank you as she turned away from Peter.

The Shelby side all fell into a silence when the choirboys began their rendition of In The Bleak Midwinter and Jeremiah began to walk down the aisle. Evie noticed the disgusted looks on most of Grace's family as he passed them and went to his position behind Tommy.

The Wedding March soon began and Evie smiled softly as Grace started down the aisle, in fact she felt herself tearing up. Peter noticed and slid his hand into hers. They exchanged a happy look before returning their focus to the wedding — Peter wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her to his side warmly.

"Do you Tommy Shelby take Grace Helen Burgess to be your lawful wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Do you Grace Helen Burgess solemnly swear to love, honour and obey till death do you part?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Tommy and Grace turned to each other, smiling, and kissed. Everyone on Tommy's side of the church cheered loudly while Grace's just about managed to clap. Georgie who was slightly confused even began cheering excitedly. Evie looked at him and laughed, as Finn Sid him back down on to the floor.

They all made their way out of the church soon enough and Evie stood beside Peter barely able to draw her eyes away from him, Grace and Tommy's love was infectious.

Evie was instructed to get Georgie and get in the picture. She gave Peter a quick peck on the lips before making Georgie stand at the front with the other children before finding herself between Michael and Lizzie.

"Here's the lovebird," Michael chuckled with a cigarette in his mouth.

She bit back her smile and punched him gently in the arm. "Shut up, Michael."

Suddenly, Johnny Dogs pushed into Michael slightly so he could get into the view of the camera making Michael knock into Evie.

Johnny was shouting, "Wait for me!" as he pushed in and the pair laughed at him while Michael held Evie's arm gently to steady them both.

A few seconds later Arthur shouted, "Go on, take the photograph!" and Evie smiled at the camera, Michael still holding on to her.

Once they heard the camera go off, everyone broke away and Evie noticed Georgie run off with Karl and some other kids. Evie and Michael slowly walked down the steps, him finally letting go of her when the reached the bottom.