Chapter 26 ~ Now or never

Start from the beginning

The cry of "Yibambe" from T'Challa brings his army to emerge from a few more portals. Along with T'Challa's army, Bucky Barnes and Groot return too, but where's Roy?

Portals in the air open, allowing ships in for air support. Valkyrie comes in through another portal on a pegasus. Meek and Korg come in through the same portal, ready to fight along with the Asgardians in their battle armor. Wanda joins the battle too along with Wong and some sorcerers. Even Pepper flies down in a clad of armor, ready for the fight of our lives.

Scott then suddenly emerges from underneath the rubble in his giant form. He lowers his hand by all of the gathered heroes, releasing Bruce, Rhodey, and Rocket who is on Rhodey's shoulder.

I look to Dad as he looks at all the gathered heroes. We look around as we wait for anymore entrances as all of us prepare for the fight of our lives. People readying their weapons or igniting their powers as they wait for Dad to call it.

I stand next to Dad and he looks at me and nods before facing Thanos once again. "Avengers!" Dad calls, raising his hand in the air. I tilt my head in confusion by his gesture until Thor's hammer, Mjolnir, comes into his hand and I just stare at him with my jaw dropped. I don't have time to even ask when that happened when Dad calls it. "Assemble." He says through gritted teeth. With a cry from Thor, all of us run, charging at Thanos' army. Thanos raises his sword, ordering his own army to barrel towards us.

The two armies clash into a full-on assault. I run through, taking enemies down, left and right with my speed. Every now and then I would send a beam or a blast from my repulsors.

An alien manages to jump on my back, pushing me to the ground due to its weight. It scratches and snarls in my ear as I try to get it off of me. The alien tries to sink its teeth into my right shoulder but can't. I move my left arm down my side and turn the glove over ready to blast it, but then someone kicks it off of me. I sigh in relief and roll onto my back to see who my savior is. I look up to see Roy sliced the alien's head off and is fighting off more that are trying to surround us.

He exhales heavily once he's in the clear and then he looks down at me, giving me a smirk. "Did you miss me?" He asks. I know damn well the first thing this man just said to me was not a Sherlock reference when I haven't seen him in five fucking years. He extends his hand out to help me up and I take it. Once I'm on my feet I look up at Roy and put a hand on his cheek, making sure this was real and not some illusion. Roy smiles and leans into the touch. I close the gap between us, smashing my lips against his and putting all my emotions into the kiss. Passion, hurt, love, joy. We stay like this for a while before Roy slowly pulls away with a wide grin on his face. "I guess that answers my question then." He says softly, never breaking eye contact.

I chuckle at his response, our foreheads pressed together. "I waited five years for that."

"Fucking finally!" I hear a familiar voice yell close by.

Roy and I look to our right to see the one and only Bucky Barnes. Of course he would be the one to ruin the moment although I'm surprised Tony hasn't said anything yet.

"Buck is that you? What's going on?" Dad's voice comes through our coms.

"Roy finally grew a pair and kissed (Y/n) is what happened!" Tony answers before Bucky could. I knew that wasn't gonna last very long. "Well actually (Y/n) kissed him, but whatever they finally kissed! I've waited years for this!"

"He did what now?!" Dad growls in the com. "Oh, I am gonna make him wish he was never snapped back. Roy, I'm gonna kick your—" He raises his voice and I swear I could hear him from across the battlefield.