t h i r t y t h r e e

Start from the beginning

Chase scoffs as he lowers his lips to mine, "You're so fucking cute." 

My arms tangle themselves around Chase's neck as our mouths explore each other. Chase pushes the white sheets of the bed further down and my bare chest meets mine. His hand comes up and cups on of my naked breasts between us and I moan out at the sensation. 

"We...have..." Chase mumbles against my lips, "...to...talk." 

"Mhmm." I nod even though I barely processed what he said. Whenever he touched me, my brain became a literal vegetable. 

"Jones." Chase mumbles a little more assertive this time before pulling his lips from mine, "Can we talk?" 

I nod, "Yup, I need to talk to you about something too." 

"What do you need to talk about?" He frowns as he lies down on to his side beside me. I stay lying on my back but turn my face to him. 

"Can we have pancakes for breakfast?" I whisper as Chase chuckles through a sigh of relief. 

He asks, "That's what you wanted talk about?" 

"Of course. What else is there to talk about?" I ask as Chase laughs, leans forward and kiss my forehead. I then turn my body so I was now lying facing him. I prop my head up on my hand, "Now, what did you want to talk about?" 

"Uh..." Chase trails off as he runs his fingers down the curve of my waist, "...I need to go back to Seattle for a while." 

"Seattle?" I question with wide eyes as Chase nods. His news has me sitting up and I bring my knees up to my chest, "Why the hell do you need to go back there?" 

Chase sits up as well, "There's a couple things I need to sort out up there." 

"Please don't tell me your going to murder your grandfather?" I question as Chase grins and shakes his head. I then throw my legs over the bed and stand up, "Then why do you need to go back?" 

"Jones..." He sighs as he rests back on one hand, "There's a few things I need to deal with while I'm up there."

"Can't you deal with them here?" I ask as I place my hands on my hips. I didn't care that I was standing in front of him in only a green thong because my anger was slowly taking over, "If you're not going up there to murder him then what could you possibly be going for?" 

"I wish I could tell you but...I want to make sure everything is okay before I can." He explains as I glare at him on the bed. He reaches out for me, "Now come here." 

"Ha, no." I say as I take a step back while pointing a stern finger at him, "We finally got back together without any secrets or barriers between us and now you want to leave?" 

"Whoa, I never said anything about leaving." Chase says as he hops off the bed and rushes over to me. He grabs a gentle hold of my face and tilts it up to him, "I'm never going to leave you, Hayden." 

"But what if you go up there and you realise how great your life could be without me." I say as I reach up and wrap my fingers around his wrists, "What if you decide to stay and never contact me again?" 

"I would never do that, baby." Chase says as he presses his forehead to mine while looking deep into my eyes, "Is that what you're afraid of?" 

"Of course I fucking am, you idiot." I reply as Chase chuckles and I roll my eyes. 

"I love you Hayden Jones. And I meant what I said about us spending the rest of our lives together." Chase says as he kisses me softly, "You're all I want, need and ever could need. Okay?"