Should I Tell Him

"Should I tell him?" I asked Sheep. I'd been debating, whether or not to tell James about my feelings.

"What's the worst that could happen? He doesn't like you back" Sheep gave me a look.

"But what if it ruins our friendship" I weighed the pros and cons.

"If it ruins your friendship, then girl, he's a total dick and you shouldn't want him as a friend. I see it as a win win situation" Sheep urged. "Look, are you going to the game tonight?" Sheep asked.

"I don't know. James told me to go, but I have homework" I admitted.

"Homework? That's the lamest excuse, and besides, it's Friday. You have the rest of the weekend for homework. Look, think about it, I'll save you a seat there. Besides, you can tell him after the game" Sheep wiggled her eyebrows. I laughed and hit his arm, walking to my next class.

------

"So, are you coming?" James asked. I bit my lip as I pressed my phone against my ear.

"I don't know yet, I've head you guys are pretty bad" I teased.

"Oh yeah, that would explain why we're undefeated, we must suck. I mean me especially, I mean who knows why I start, I'm so bad" James sarcastically said.

"I don't know, I'll see" I put on my shoes.

"Alright, well, for what it's worth, I'd really like to see you here" James said.

"We'll see James, we'll see. I have to go, good luck!" I grabbed my keys and headed to my car.

"Thanks, see ya" he hung up. I sighed and unlocked my car, started the engine, and drove to school. I was a little early, the game didn't start for another 15 minutes, but our school tailgated everything, and the tailgate was in full swing.

"Hey, you made it!" Sheep squealed, grabbing my arm and dragging me over to one of the guys pickup trucks where a cooler of beer was.

"What is it?" I asked. Due to a number of suspensions, we'd started pouring alcohol into water bottles, gatorade bottles, you name it and we used it as a disguise.

"That my friend is vodka" Novie said, taking a sip of her drink. I shrugged and took a sip, feeling a little courageous.

"5 minutes!" someone shouted, and suddenly everyone started packing up. Sheep and I headed to the school gym, where the boys basketball game was. We climbed up the bleachers, getting a good seat and turned around, cheering with everyone else. They were going for another title, which was why all the basketball games were so crowded. I saw James warming up, dunking the basketball and damn did he look fine. James looked over at the bleachers and caught my eye, waving to me. I smiled and waved back, feeling my heart flutter.

----

"The score is 41-41, could this be any more of a tight game? With only 2 seconds to go mrrbatty dribbles to the half court and takes the shot, and makes it!" the commentator shouted, as the buzzer went off and we all jumped up, cheering and shouting as the basketball team all hugged each other. I ran down the bleachers and jumped into James, hugging him tightly.

"Congratulations" I grinned. James chuckled and rubbed my back, slowly letting go off me.

"There's a party, since you know, we won. It'd be nice if you came" James scratched his neck.

"I'll be there, just text me the address" I grinned. He nodded and was lifted up by everyone, chanting his name. I laughed and left the gym, imagining different ways to tell him I like him. Eventually JAmes texted me the address for the party, and by the time I'd gotten there, I still couldn't figure out how to tell him. Music was blasting but the time I reached the party, and people were making their way inside. I parked my car and went in, looking for James.

"Johanna! Hey" Jameswaved. "Do you want something to drink?" he asked.

"Jack Daniels" I shouted, noticing a bottle of Jack Daniels out. He nodded and poured me a cup before getting up and walking over to me.

"Come on, I think there's a hammock around here" James led me outside, and indeed there was a hammock. "Hold on I'll grab a blanket, it's a little chilly" he set down our drinks and quickly ran back in. James came back out with two blankets. He spread one across the hammock and we sat down, and then he spread the other one over us. He reached over and handed me my drink, and took a sip of his.

"So that was quite a game" I took a sip.

"They were good, but we were better" he winked. I rolled my eyes and shoved his shoulder.

"I have to tell you something" I set down my cup, remembering I would have to drive home, and even though it wasn't far, I would rather be a little buzzed than black our drunk while driving.

"Alright, what's up?" he put down his drink.

"I just, I don't want this to change things with us.You know? I like us, how we are" I rambled.

"Johanna, what are you trying to say" James chuckled.

"Right, god I'm so scared to say this but I'm just going to say it," I turned and looked at him, "I like you. Not like oh hey we're friends, I like you like you." James sat silently. "james say something please" I bit my lip, was this a mistake? James stayed silent. "Okay" I nodded and got up, quickly leaving the party, feeling tears forming. I got into my car and looked at the clock. 8PM. Who the hell leaves a party at 8PM? I shook my head and drove home, ran up to my room and shut the door, crying. A crack of thunder came from outside, shaking the house.

"Oh great" I muttered, of course, rain, what could make this night worse? After about 20 minutes of crying, I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. Once I had dried my face and put on my moisturizer, I heard the doorbell ring. I crinkled my eyebrows and headed downstairs to open the door. I opened the door and there stood James, soaking wet head to toe.

"James what are you-" I was cut off by James grabbing my waist and kissing me passionately. I felt every nerve in my lips tingle as I kissed back and ran my hands through James's soaked red hair. The water from his hair dripped onto me, not that it really mattered. We pulled away and I touched my lips, unsure that what just happened, had really happened or I was hallucinating.

"You left before I could say anything. I like you too. A lot actually" he placed a hand on my cheek and traced my jaw with his thumb. "I know I should have said something, but I was so shocked" he muttered, kissing me again. I placed a hand on this chest and kissed him back. "You and me, we're going to be good together, just you wait and see" he pecked my lips. "I'll see you later...girlfriend" he smirked, and walked away, probably back to the party.