Nervously, licking my lower lip, I used my hand and tried to change the direction of water.

No matter how many times, I swayed my hand, nothing happened.

Stopping the flow of water, I slumped on the floor, in a heap, as I finally realized that I had lost my ability to control the water. For minutes, I just sat there, staring at the space and wondering what happened to me. Why couldn’t I control water anymore? Why couldn’t I mind link with my own pack members?

When I didn’t have any answer, I stood up and walked out. There, I sat on the couch and held my head in my hands.

This is something more and I was sure of that. This is not just about losing the baby. If I had lost the baby, my wolf would have been upset but she would not have stopped responding to me. At least, not this long.

I realized that the only way I could find answer to this is if I get my memory back. I tried thinking about that one week, but once again, I couldn’t recall anything.

All I remember was watching a rogue, who had smirked at me and then I remember waking up in that small clinic. Nothing other than that.

Whatever is wrong with me, surely happened in that one week.

Everett found me, half-an-hour later, in the living room. As soon as he saw me, he rushed towards me and kneeled down in front of me.

“Templar” he called cupping my face with his large hands. “Look at me” he whispered when I kept staring at the space. “Baby please” he said and I gulped.

Hesitantly, I clashed my eyes with his bright blue ones. “What’s wrong?” Rett asked tenderly.

“Try connecting with me through the link” I told him, my vision getting cloudy as I spoke in a wobbly voice.

Rett nodded and did as I asked. His hands dropped from my face and he fell back, when he realized that I wasn’t in the link anymore.

“I don’t know how it happened” I stated honestly as Rett blinked. “My wolf is not responding to me. I have lost my ability to control water” I added and then burst out into a flood of tears.

“Templar” Rett called but I just shook my head and started crying loudly. I couldn’t bear what was happening to me.

My wolf was everything to me and now, without her… I felt useless. I felt unworthy.

Rett sat on the floor and wrapping his arms around me, he helped me sit on his lap. Resting my cheek against his chest, I continued sobbing. My whole body shook as loud gut wrenching sobs escaped from my throat.

I don’t know for how long, I stayed in his arms, crying. Rett didn’t utter a single word, but he would just press me closer to his body. I could hear his heart beating wildly in chest. He too was anxious and it did nothing to calm me down.

As I looked up, I found Rett staring at me, his eyes, glassy. Looking at him, made more tears rain soundlessly down my cheeks.

Rett kept whispering sweet nothings to me during the entire time. Somewhere in the middle, when I was drained out of all tears, I felt sleepy and so I slept in Rett’s arms.

When I woke up, I was in our room. Rett was sitting on the couch and working in his laptop. As he saw me sitting up, he closed his laptop shut, kept it on the couch and strode towards me.

“I am fine” I mumbled even before he could ask. I was tired of crying too.

“Let’s go out for lunch” he said and I shook my head. “We are going” he stated with a growl and I groaned.