Chapter 1 Proper Remedy

"I cannot believe you talked me into this, Tony." Ziva grumbled, as she bent down to retrieve the sponge.

"Well, I can't believe you didn't figure this out sooner!" Tony called out from the other side of the vehicle.

"Tony, I am standing here, helping you wash your CAR. Did you honestly think that I would envision my birthday being spent like this?" She poked her head over the side of the car to shoot him a glare, before standing up.

"I did say that your birthday surprise was going to be unexpected." Tony said with a shrug, dodging the wet sponge thrown in his direction.

"Tony!" She growled, quickly growing impatient with his antics. She had been expecting a special romantic surprise planned from her boyfriend, but instead, she was dipping sponges into a bucket and helping him wash his car. Tony quickly ducked under the car to retrieve the sponge before he forgot about it.

"Well, you weren't exactly supposed to stay over last night!" He said sheepishly, as he leaned over the hood and deposited her dripping sponge in front of her.

"I did not see you complaining at all, last night." Ziva gave him a knowing smirk, leaning closer to him over the car hood with a sultry edge in her voice. "In fact, I should say, you were quite a willing participant in last night's...activities."

Seeing as Tony's eyes remained glued to her figure, Ziva grinned. Even after having dated her for six months already, he still acted like he hadn't just seen her naked about 3 hours ago. "In fact, I finally get why you made me help you wash your car. It is because you wanted to get me wet." She deliberately dropped her tone to what Tony called her "bedroom voice", and watched with immense delight as her boyfriend's gaze travelled from her mouth to the rest of her body.

"Well, that definitely can be remedied." He got out, his mind rapidly picturing all sorts of wet and soapy Ziva scenarios for him.

"Oh yes, it can." Ziva's grin became even wider as she stretched over his windscreen provocatively. It reminded him of their first conversation 8 years ago, when she had barged into their lives and refused to leave without a fight. He grinned back and leaned forward to capture her lips with his.

The next thing he knew, Tony was splashed with the soapy water from Ziva's bucket. He looked down at his soaked green T-shirt clinging to his skin, and pulled it off in a grand show. Ziva immediately burst into a rare, carefree laughter as she replied his unspoken question. "There! The situation has been properly remedied."

Tony smiled as he watched her. If there was one thing Anthony Dinozzo Jr never tired of, it was making Ziva David laugh. It wasn't like the side she showed at the office, professional at all times, letting out small chuckles when she had to. The Ziva David he knew outside the office was warm and loving, never failing to keep him on his toes with her sharp wit and humor. She was still Ziva, but this was a side that she only showed to him.

He remembered how openly sexy she used to be, and how much both of them have grown since then. Ziva hadn't changed. She had only hidden away her acute sense of feminity and sexuality to the others to protect her own vulnerabilities. It made him feel proud, in a way, that he would always have a piece of her that no one else had. Not that he was thinking about that, since Ziva had already proven to him many a time that she didn't want anyone else.

"Thinking about someone special, Tony?" The soft voice of the woman in front of him brought him back to the present. Her chocolate eyes were serious, but the small quirk of her mouth betrayed her true emotions.

"Actually, I was." He replied, stepping around the car to get closer to her. "There's this girl I know, she's really been getting my attention lately. I can't stop thinking about her."

Ziva raised her eyebrows playfully and smiled. "I see. What is this girl like?"

"Oh, she's really hot, and her laughter is adorable, even though she doesn't think so. She also has a strange hobby of throwing things at me, for some reason. I think you'd like her, Ziva. You and her have a lot in common." Tony finished off standing next to Ziva, whose eyes were roaming over his

tan skin.

"See something you like, Ziva?" He asked, deliberately turning

the situation around.

"Yes, but he is an immature and-" She never got to finish her sentence because Tony suddenly snaked his arms around her from the back in an awkward hug. He made sure that his very wet and soapy body was pressed closely against her dry one.

"Tony! Ugh, now my clothes are dirty." Ziva groaned and slapped his arms but didn't make any effort to move. His arms only tightened around her waist. She felt Tony laugh and press a gentle kiss into her hair, making her smile fondly at him. She turned herself in his arms and touched his lips with hers.

"We need a shower." Tony whispered mischievously, when they broke the kiss.

"And my long awaited surprise?"

"I already gave it to you." Tony said, when he saw her expectant look, surprised that she didn't already figure it out.

"Seriously, Tony. Your surprise was washing your car? Even I could have come up with something better than that." Ziva asked, feeling exasperated at his little guessing game. At this, Tony shook his head, realizing that Ziva didn't understand what he was trying to accomplish.

"Will you at least tell me why you are doing all this?" Ziva asked, as she headed back towards the house. Tony trailed along behind her, and thought about how to phrase his answer without getting mauled by her. She noticed his hesitation and stopped in her tracks to glare at him.

"Simple reason. As far as I know, you've never had any memories of having fun while washing a car, even though almost every kid has done that. Since I assumed that you didn't have much time for fun when you were a kid, I'm using your birthday to help you recapture those moments that you may have missed out on." Her gaze immediately softened when she met his eyes again. For a moment, Tony was afraid that Ziva might hit him, but he was equally surprised to be enveloped in a tight hug from said person.

"Thank you." She spoke quietly into his shoulder, before pressing a small kiss into it. Tony smiled happily and pulled her closer to him.

"You know, we should really take that shower." He told her, breaking the moment. Ziva automatically pulled back from him and started moving back towards the house. She tugged on his hand to hurry him, making Tony frown. "But that doesn't mean we have to rush, Ziva."

"Well, I would not mind sharing the shower, if you hurry. After all, we can conserve energy and time." Ziva explained, and watched as Tony's eyes turned a dark shade of green that made her skin tingle with excitement.

As it turned out, Tony became the one who grew impatient with their pace and pulled Ziva straight into the bathroom, not that either one of them complained.

###