Quirk 66: Harpy

Harpy

Quirk Type: Mutant

Quirk Description:
The one with such quirks has their hands attached to their wings, also they have fangs for the teeth. Their hands are claws that have stronger grip strength and they have talons instead of the usual legs. As a bird like mutant with flight capabilities their bones are hollow making them lightweight.

Abilities:
- They have very sharp claws for the hands and talons for the legs, which can cut through weak or rusted metals, while using it on sharp metallic surfaces or concrete walls can only cause scratches.
- Their body allows them adaptability to air prevent them to have altitude sickness and no vertigo from heights.
- Hollow bones allow excellent flight maneuverability and also makes gliding easier. It also makes them quite agile and their reflexes are quite good.
- The harpy has enhanced lung capacity to have no effect on their body in high or low wind pressure.
- Due to mythic physiology, they have low level regenerative abilities.

Drawbacks:
- Their wings can be cut, making them unable to fly and due to their low level regenerative abilities they take time to regenerate.
- Hollow bones can be shattered very easily with a strong enough punch, so the harpy have to rely on their reflexes and agility to avoid most damage. Though their regenerative capabilities makes them come back in the field within a week or month based on the damage taken.
- Like birds, they cannot discern glass walls and will accidentally hit a glass wall.

Harpy Variation

1. Owl Harpy: Will only be active at night instead of the day due to their nocturnal nature. They have excellent vision during night time. They can rotate their neck in 270 degree angle and which allows them to easily view everything around them.

2. Pelican Harpy: These variation also has a beak which is very long. They don't get affected by the water, they are excellent during sea based battles. They can items in their beak pouch which they can give to someone whenever someone needs.

3. Woodpecker Harpy: They also have sharper beak which helps them pierce through tough metals and the concrete walls. Though they have to sharpen their beaks often to keep it sharp. They have slower speed than other harpy variation but they have more strength but little lesser than Eagle variation.

4. Eagle Harpy: Will be more stronger than the regular harpy version. Has very keen eyes that allows to even look farther than Harpy counterpart. Much sharper talons than the Harpy.

5. Ostrich Harpy: They have very lesser flight capabilities, because they can jump higher and glide but their fight prowess is replaced by their extreme agility and stronger legs. These variation are thrice faster than the fastest human. Their one kick is very strong and may also crack bones of the person they hit.

6. Alien Harpy: The harpy of unknown origin. It can have several features, like one additional element that it can shoot out of it's mouth, such as fire, water, acid, poison, dust, etc. Can also give their tail a club that helps them fight.

7. Penguin Harpy: A harpy that doesn't even fly can be called harpy? But still here we are with one. These variations are good swimmers, and have resistance to cold. This one also prefer colder environment. There swimming speed superior than Olympic level athletes.