13 « Electricity »

Beginne am Anfang

After falling to the haybarn and trying to somewhat explain how they had ended up there to Mr. Zimmer, the Wachowskis were left wondering what to do. "We gotta help him somehow!" Y/N said to her parents.

"How are we gonna help him when he's all the way over there and we're here?" Tom asked.

"I don't know!" Y/N answered while trying to come up with something that they could do, "Somehow."

Tom sighed as Maddie placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder saying, "There's nothing we can do now. And besides, he's definitely got it under control."

"Yeah," she nodded quickly agreeing with her mother. If someone knew what to do in a situation like this, it was Sonic. "But there was something... weird."

"What do you mean?" Tom asked confused as to what she was talking about.

"You didn't feel it?" Y/N asked and the two shook their heads. "Remember back on the highway when Sonic was all lightning and stuff?"

"What about it?" Tom asked as Maddie glanced at him questioningly.

"There was a weird... feeling I got when Sonic was like that... and I felt the same when he caused that blackout as well and now, I felt it again... but Sonic wasn't like that. So it must've some from somewhere else."

Tom squinted his eyes wondering what it could've been. "You think Robotnik was using his power?" He then asked and Y/N nodded.

"Exactly that."

"What can he do with that?" Maddie asked.

"I don't know... But if I saw correctly, his craft was moving almost if not as fast as Sonic," Y/N answered worriedly. "I don't want him to get hurt..."

Tom and Maddie glanced at each other worriedly. "We neither," Maddie said and the three just stood there for a good couple seconds in complete silence wondering what to do. "What was that exchange on the rooftop?" Maddie suddenly asked and Y/N turned to look at her confused.

"What? What're you talking about."

"The one about staying," Maddie clarified.

Y/N's eyes widened as she went speechless. She glanced between her parents not knowing what to say. "Um..."

As Y/N didn't say anything Tom decided to ask, "Or the "I know" thing?"

The girl sighed and looked down. "I may have promised Sonic that I would travel to the mushroom land with him... And I don't know about the "I know" thing... I think I do... But I'm not sure," she explained and turned to them. The two smiled as they glanced at each other and turned to her. "What?" she asked confused by their reaction.

"You don't have to know about the "I know" thing. You'll figure it out," Tom said smiling but his face suddenly turned more serious. "But you were planning on leaving us?"

"Is there a reason? Have we been bad parents or—" Maddie asked but she was quickly cut off by Y/N.

"No! It's nothing like that. You're the best parents there are... I just... I don't want him to be alone... and I don't wanna lose him..." she explained as her eyes became wet. "And like I said... I think I... I'm pretty sure I like him."

"Aw honey... Come here," Tom said and opened his arms. Y/N quickly went and hugged him as Maddie soon joined them.

While Y/N thought what she had planned on doing was good, and she still did that hadn't changed, she hadn't considered how it would affect her parents. I really can be stupid sometimes. And then there's Sonic. He realized how it would affect them... and eventually me as well... But I don't want him to be alone... He's alone now... Sonic... Sonic... Green Hills. Y/N opened her eyes as she suddenly felt something she recognized. "We gotta get to the town center," she said and pulled out of the hug.