Secretly i love you.

This story was made for my friend Gabby, whom also writes on here as…you guessed it, Scowt. Love ya darling. <3

“I hate you”

She yelled at me angrily. I was confused as to why she was acting like this. I had done nothing wrong, though I had protected her from a bad situation. I knew guys, I was one and I knew when they were hinting at something. That one thing that we do think about constantly. Girls usually don’t pick up on the little things that guys do, they may think they do but…take a look at how things turned out here.

Stop the story for a minute. Let me explain.

                I have a best friend named Gabriella and since we were kids we were inseparable. I called her Scowt and she called me Christian, though my name is Jack. How we got those nicknames we can’t really remember but they stuck. It was always Scowt and Christian against the world. We made a good team, and we both loved adventure.

                If you asked the people we grew up with, they’d say we were born to get married. And honestly, I think we were.

She doesn’t see the potential in me, or in us. She tells everyone I’m not her type. I’m 6 foot 2 with brown hair and blue eyes. Muscular but skinny and a complete gentleman, if I do say so myself. The only bad thing I can think of right now is that I’m a bit overprotective and don’t trust people. I know them too much. But apparently she likes jerks, like Dalton Jones.

                Whom, for those of you who were wondering, I had just told to fuck off.

I didn’t care who he was, I just didn’t want him near Gabby, didn’t want him looking at her, making her smile, lying to her, and finally at the end, hurting her. It might sound stupid but that was my biggest fear, Gabby getting hurt.

                I’ve never been seriously close to anyone but her. She was my best friend and I wasn’t going to let anything happen to her, call it what you will.

                Back to our little situation here.

                She was pissed at me. She pushed me back and I took her arms and pulled her to my chest and hugged her. She hugged back. She knew I was right and a tinge of ego hit me. I knew I was right.

“Don’t go for guys like him, you should know better, we’ve been living here how long?”

She pushed me away again, angry that I was right.

“Shut up Christian. You just got back here, you have no clue how Dalton is now. Or. I don’t know. He seemed different. I know he’s not but he seemed it.” She said half-heartedly.

I now felt a little angry, memories of my parents filled my head and I think she could tell because she quickly grabbed my hand and gave me one of those smiles that lead us into a lot of trouble years ago.