“Hey!” tachihara pouted, “Why are you both ganging up on me? Ryuu help me!” Tachihara looked at his only hope, who merely glanced his way then went up to chuuya.

“Are you alright? You called in sick yesterday,” he asked in a monotone.

“Yeah” Chuuya smiled softly at him.

“We were really worried about you, it’s really rare for you to call in sick, ya know,” Tachihara said his brows pinched in worry. Gin who was beside him, nodded at his words, clearly feeling the same.

“I am fine guys, really thanks for being worried about me,” he said, looking at them in happiness. He is really a fool to believe those people’s words. They should look at him now. He has real friends who are genuinely worried about him.

“We were going to visit you, but gin got called by the teacher, and tachihara had practice,” Ryuu said. He seemed uninterested but Chuuya could discern the worry underneath his monotone words.

“It’s okay, really, besides I wasn’t even at home, so no worries!” Chuuya grinned, giving them all thumbs up.

All of them laughed at his carefree attitude, feeling happy that their friend is alright.

“Really, as much as I want to hug you three, I can't since we are going to be late,” he said, laughing as he saw their eyes widening.

“Shit! The bell!” Tachihara cursed, running towards the gates before they closed. Chuuya, gin, and ryuu running after him.

....
Ori subtly smiled as she saw the redhead entering the gates, today she will make sure to get his name. She was lost in her thoughts that she didn’t hear swooning from the other side of the class.

Not that she would care.

Now she has a mission to fulfil.

And she will make it happen today!

Half of the day passed with her brooding, looking at the board to let them think that she is paying attention. Now that the lunch break is near she mentally prepared herself.

'Today is the day that you will get the redhead's name'

Determined she suddenly shot up from her chair.

"Woah!"

Startled, she whipped her head towards the sound. Turned out that her target is currently in front of her. He looked surprised, she guesses that it is not always that people shoot up from their seats.

Either way, him being here made it a lot easier in her books.

Suddenly she felt nervous, which is really stupid. How could someone like her be nervous? The students in her old school used to be afraid of her silver tongue and now she is feeling nervous about asking someone's name.

'But it is not just someone' a teasing voice in her head suddenly made its presence confirmed.

Annoyingly enough it was her sister's.

She really can't believe that her sister's words are getting to her head.

"... So my friends and I wanted to get to know you. As friends obviously" chuuya laughed awkwardly. Then hurriedly added, "of course, that if you don't mind!" The redhead kept saying so much stuff that her mind couldn't comprehend with how deep in thought she is.

Shaking her thoughts away, she opened her mouth and then totally regretted it.

" excuse me, but who are you?"

What?

What the hell did she just say!?

That's not how she wanted to start a conversation!

She just wanted to ask for his name!

But why did it come out this way!?

Biting her lips as she looked at the redhead. He looked surprised and hurt. Feeling guilty, she opened her mouth to apologize.

"Sorry"

Closing her mouth shut she could only look at the redhead in confusion. Why would he be the one to apologize? The one who should apologize should be her!

" i- that must have been annoying right?" He laughed awkwardly, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

Ori could only look at him, suddenly feeling a lump in her throat. She could only clench her fists in frustration, and curse her sudden inability to speak.

"Chuuya! We are waiting here!!" A russet haired boy with a bandage on his nose called out.

Turning towards his direction the redhead grinned at his friend in relief.

"I said I am coming!" He called back, nodding awkwardly at Ori's direction, he jogged towards his friends.

Even after he left by two minutes, Ori still stared at the place that he was standing at, with only two thoughts on her mind.

First, ' damn I messed up'

And the second being 'chuuya, what a nice name. It fits him'

And that was how Dazai Ori once again failed in the simple introduction that was supposed to happen, the day ended with her screaming in her pillow.

Overall, the day was absolutely utterly perfect.