Feeling The Blues-Chapter VI

Start from the beginning

Tommy stuffed his hands in his jean pockets, kicking a stone in between his feet as we made our way along the dusty footpath.

'So.' He started, kicking the stone so hard it landed all the way at the end of the street out of sight. 'Are we going to talk about last night.'

We finally reached the tobacconist, which more so resembled a Western movie saloon bar.

I held the store door open, letting Tommy inside first and then I walked in. 'What's there to talk about?'

The old man didn't bother to look up at us who was behind the counter.

'The kiss.' He stated, seeming annoyed by the little amount of effort I was putting into the conversation.

I handed the man at the counter once we reached it a long list of different smokes the boys all wanted and he took it, heading to the back room to collect them.

'What about it?' I asked, drumming my fingers on the counter mindlessly.

'What do you mean what about it?' He was beginning to get more frustrated. 'Does it just not mean anything to you?'

It stung to hear him desperately try to get some form of answer from me, but I couldn't do it. I really loved my job and I promised myself I wouldn't ruin it for me.

'It does.' I said as the man came back into the room in perfect timing.

Tommy scanned the packets to make sure they were all okay before paying.

We both shared the load, taking some each and heading back to the bus.

As I walked down the street, kicking dust with my boots I soon realised the drummer wasn't next to me.

I turned around seeing him stopped less then a metre behind me.

'I wish you cared.' He murmured, loud enough so I could hear.

His words cut me deeply, I hated seeing how I was effecting him.

'I do care about you a lot. And it kills me to see that i'm hurting you.' I said truthfully, biting my lip, anxiously anticipating whatever was about to happen.

'I get it it's because i'll ruin you right. I'm too much of a party animal.'

I smirked, gaining closer to the drummer. 'You give yourself too much credit, if anything i'll ruin you.'

A side smile appeared on his own face, replacing his frown and his eyes lit up with lust. 'So do it.'

I shook my head, laughing at him. God he was good.

Once we got back to the bus the boys were relieved I had got them the right smokes, lighting one each in celebration.

It was now coming towards the end of our bus trip, thank god.

Everyone on the bus was asleep except for me.

I sat in my own seat, staring out the window and absentmindedly scribbling in my journal.

The pen tracing against the paper for some reason sounded nice to me.

My head rested against the vibrating glass window that had water droplets sliding down on the other side.

The paved roads we travelled along had become a darker shade of grey almost black, due to the heavy rain and I liked it the look of it.

Most likely because my favourite colour is black.

I stopped scribbling and traced a falling droplet with my finger as it slid down, it was nice to have a moment to not think about anything.

Just to switch off any troubling thoughts and relax.

I looked up at the dark rain clouds which covered the sky completely. It made me wonder what my dad was up to back at home.

My mother left when I was young so I don't know her and my dad raised me, although not very well he was and still is a abusive alcoholic.

We lived in a small town when I was younger which seemed to be under constant clouds and rain. So every time I see dark clouds, I think of him.

But I don't hear from him anymore, truth is he probably doesn't care whether i'm dead or alive.

I watched a group of children walking with their mother on the footpath as we drove past, their bright umbrellas bobbing along the street.

It made me smile to myself.

I would love to have kids some day of my own, even though I'm usually terrified to hold them. The idea of having my own scared me but excited me at the same time.

Hell, if I could handle Motley Crüe I could handle a kid.

I wished I knew how to open the bus window, seeing all the soon to bloom flowers we drove past made me want to smell them, even though I probably wouldn't be able to catch their fragrance all the way up here.

I sunk back into my seat, completely relaxing.

I started to softly hum to myself lazily once I was comfortable, a tune that seemed familiar but I wasn't for certain that I had heard it before.

'Hey that's actually a nice tune.' I heard Vince say from behind me.

I flushed in embarrassment and immediately stopped humming, I thought everyone was asleep.

I turned in my seat, seeing the groupie Vince was making out with earlier was fast asleep on his chest.

'Oh, uh really? I just made it up on the spot it isn't that good....' I trailed off, looking down at my hands.

'I think we will use that in a song.'

'Really?' I blinked in astonishment, looking back at him.

'Yeah, you know you have to start giving yourself some more credit then you do, sis.'

I flushed once again.

The bright colour buildings outside drew my attention to the window.

They signalled that we had finally made it to our destination and the bus began to slow down before completely stopping.