Chapter 20

Family Reunion

Taking a few Dungbombs with her, she left the Ravenclaw Tower and in the dark, walked towards the Entrance Hall

Taking a few Dungbombs with her, she left the Ravenclaw Tower and in the dark, walked towards the Entrance Hall. She set off the Dungbombs in a nearby corridor and smiled in triumph as she noticed Filch leaving his post at the entrance to hurry over where he heard the explosions. With his cat, Mrs Norris also leaving after him, Venus sneaked out of the castle unnoticed and rushed over to the Whomping Willow. The tree was still and its entrance was open. Hurrying down the passageway to the Shrieking Shack, she could only hope nothing untoward had yet happened.

"Come on, all of you," she heard Snape say from inside one of the rooms, "I'll drag the werewolf. Perhaps the Dementors will have a kiss for him, too -"

The man was interrupted as Venus burst inside the small room. All heads turned around to stare at her. They had not been expecting her at all.

"No one's laying a hand on my Godfather," she said, pointing her wand at Snape's face as she looked at Remus's hands which were bound by Snape. Harry crossed the room and came to stand beside her, both of them now blocking the door.

"Get out of the way, Potter and Figg, you're in enough trouble already. If I hadn't been here to save your skin -" Snape started but was interrupted by Harry.

"Professor Lupin could have killed me about a hundred times this year. I've been alone with him loads of times, having defence lessons against the Dementors. If he was helping Black, why didn't he just finish me off then?"

"Don't ask me to fathom the way a werewolf's mind works. Get out of the way Potter and Figg!" Snape said.

"Actually, my last name is Black, Professor," Venus said and Snape became more furious, if it were possible.

"I am not moving until you untie uncle Remus' hands."

"YOU'RE PATHETIC!" Harry yelled and Venus felt like slapping the boy, who had just made thing ten times worse by raising his voice at a teacher. The situation could probably have been resolved with some calm discussion if everyone acted their age, and not like bloody five year olds.

"JUST BECAUSE THEY MADE A FOOL OUT OF YOU AT SCHOOL YOU WON'T EVEN LISTEN -"

"SILENCE! I WILL NOT BE SPOKEN TO LIKE THAT!" Snape yelled back at Harry, "Like fathers, like children! I have just saved your neck, Potter, you should be thanking me on bended knee! You would have been well served if he'd kill you! You'd have died like your father, too arrogant to believe you might be mistaken in Black - now get out of the way, or I will make you. GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

His words only fueled the volcano that threatened to burst inside of Venus. Before Snape could even get to them, she had raised her wand at him again.