"What is it?" I asked.

"No, nothing. Just recollections." He said. Then sat up and angled the white
MacBook to facilitate a better vision of what he was about to show me. "So here with me are three designs." He said. I nodded. He used his index finger to manipulate the mouse. The navigation bar on the screen clicked on a file, then a cartoon-like video materialized on the screen. It displayed the exterior and interior part of a mansion, It was cool, but not really what I wanted. Then he clicked on the second one and immediately, I said. "I think I like this one."

"Alright, wait till I show you the next design." He clicked on the third file and the video popped up. "What do you think?" He asked. While he was still gaping at the laptop screen.

"Hmmm. The second and the last one really really caught my eyes. Sincerely, I am in a dilemma on which to pick out of these last two." I said. Choosing a good design was fundamental for the kinda outcome the project would have.

I softly massaged both sides of my cheeks with my palms, as I pondered on which design to pick. Then I withdrew my palm from my right cheek and placed it on the table while the other was still on my left cheek. He looked at me and saw my struggle. Then he did something surprising. He grabbed my right hand and held it between his masculine palms. Then said. "Calm down, just pick one. There are all lovely designs."

If he thought he was helping by holding my hand, then he was so erroneous, cuz I could barely think straight now. I suddenly craved a chilled glass of water, my throat felt really dry.

"Uh." I found my voice. "I think I would go with the second one, cuz that's the one that confiscated my attention initially." At the announcement of that, he let go off my hand. That part of my skin burned.

"Then the second design it is." He said, then closed the laptop, and concentrated entirely on me. "You haven't answered my question, are you single?"

I hesitated then answered. "Yes, I am"

"Then would you be my date at the reunion?" He asked, sweetly. If I hadn't known him better, I would have expected a pout from him.

Jeeez. This was a tight corner. I didn't want to say no to him, he looked too adorable to be rejected. I also didn't want to say yes too, cuz being too familiar with him could flare these feelings I was trying to suppress. I mean, there was no sense in rekindling something then having to break it off again, Was there? In simple diction, I wasn't staying back in Nigeria, so grooving to all these vibes, wasn't on my bucket list.

"Hey, No need to worry, we are going as just platonic friends." He said.

And why did that statement make me feel disappointed? I questioned myself. "Alright then, I would let you know my verdict once I make up my mind."

He cocked up a brow and flashed those white set of teeth. Goodness gracious, this man's got charm I thought. "No worries, I am certain of what your decision would be."

"Oh really?! Cuz you can read minds now abi?"

"No, it's actually a clairvoyant ability, silly." He said jokingly.

I smiled, then said "I have to take my leave now."

"Let me walk you to the parking lot." He offered.

"No, no, I would be fine by myself." I said.

"I insist."

"Alright... If you insist."

He walked me to my vehicle door. It felt like those good old days when we walked together to the school bus. Only this time, he didn't offer to hold my small handbag. I put the vehicle key in the door hole, and once it clicked, he rushed and took hold of the handle and helped me open the door.

"Ladies shouldn't open doors when a young man is with them."

"Hahaha. Then you are definitely not a Nigerian, you must be a Londoner."

"Nope. I am just showing a young good looking lady chivalry, that's all."

I blushed and got into my vehicle then closed the door, in order to protect myself from any more of his charms. I honked, which served as a farewell to him, then zoomed off.

******************************************************************************************

When I got home, it was already 6:40 PM. I switched on the lights. "Wow!" I was so impressed by the job the cleaning agency did. Like OMG! It was magic. The squalid mansion was now so clean, the lights were even glistening on the tiles. I rushed to the master's bedroom, and once I opened the door, the sight in front of me stole my breath away. New white bedsheets neatly clothed on the bed, sweet scenting deodorants at different points in the room. If this was a dream, then I definitely didn't want to wake up. Immediately I transferred the remaining part payment of the money to the cleaning agency. This was a job well done.

I rushed to the bathroom, humming as I had a very warm bath. When I was done bathing, I picked up one of my very loose fitted nightgowns, It was perfect for tonight cuz I intended on fulfilling that fantasy of enjoying my beauty sleep tonight. I bounced on the seductive bed, inhaled the neat scent of the pillowcase. Then smiled ravishingly with much satisfaction. I grabbed the other pillow, it was gonna serve as my cuddle buddy tonight. I turned off the bed lamp. Nothing could perturb the tranquility of my sleep tonight, I thought. Until his flawless grin flashed in my head and insomnia became my loyal companion.

A/N

My dear readers. I present pansies to you today, cuz you are always on my mind. Just like Alan is always on Valerie's mind.🤭🤭🥰🥰

Please don't forget to vote ☑️ comment 💬 and share.

Can you keep a secret?🤫🤐👇

I love you all❤💓💕💯💯

*************<<<<**********
Glossary.

None😌