Chapter 9

Nancy's POV

I cant blame Mike for what just happened,but i choose to keep my opinion to myself because Adiva is already at losing side,i mean honestly,if she has this hell of a hangover she should be careful.My thoughts are clouded from the scenes of late morning,Adiva exits to take some fresh air and i spot Adriana is fixing her hair for the third time.

she curls her hair,with the brush in her hand "Its wierd,isn't it?"

I look up from my ipad screen and she is gazing at me through the mirror

"What?the way that you are flattering yourself for like third time for just grabbing a lunch?"I mock looking up.

"Oh,shut up! I was talking about this relationship thing.Its too complicated for me to comprehend"She complaints.

The doorbell rings and here my hamburger & fries are.Adriana receives it for me.

***

Its quater to 7 and i recheck my phone several times to find out the most awaited message but to my dissapointment it does not arrive.I decide to drop him a text.
*I'm considering your dinner offer seriously*

I reach for Adiva's number,the phone goes direct into voice mail,just as i m about to dial,Adriana is here.

"Isn't she back yet?"Adriana stacks a book lot on the table.
"No,i'm worried, she is even not answering her phone"I shift on her bed.
"You need not worry,I just caming crossing Derby's room,when her rommie told me,they were last seen togeather"

"I din't know you savor lunch until dinner,and even last night,u were nowhere around? "i bluntly ask.
"Well,its a long story"she bluffs
"And we have a long night too"I fire back.
"Ohk,well last night,when you were too busy in a dancing & drinking,a drunkard spilled his drink on me and Ivan guided me to the restroom & we were both not enjoying the party unlike everyone,he offered me to take me out & i met his girlfriend,we had a pretty good time, both of them are in a cute relationship.She's one beautiful  girl,I immediately like her"Adriana twittered changing into her pj's.

Adriana jumped onto her bed sifting her bedsheet of the tucking the corners in the head board,when my phone beeped with a message and yes it was a text from Kevin,the inner-me(subconscious) that was just being critical at outer-me for expecting the dinner was now on the runaway & i was glad of this defeat of my inner-me.

*I'll c u ryt at 11:30pm,sneak out & see me at the lawn area*

I feel like jumping on my bed,hugging myself at the moment but i resist the urge & keeping calm face i rise up from bed and i final check my hair and a touch up,i m good to go.

"I have slept for long in the morning,i guess i ll take a walk around the campus,night!"

"I'm locking the door and taking my keys along."

I manage to make way out of the dorms without any interrogation,lucky enough! I mentally pat my back for it.

***

The dark starless night,cool breeze sets washington  apart.I m walking directionless in the dark and i can not spot anyone in a distance.I hear the footsteps on the grass of somebody behind my back & i turn to see Kevin walking towards me.His cocky smirk sitting at his face and he takes in my hand and brings it to his lips,i feel like an Eve in the garden of Eden.A sensation,a different kind of pleasure evolves in me.

"You look more beautiful each time i see you"

his words set a curve on my face and i swear if it ld have been a bright day,that has been clearly evident.Looking up at his charming face,where my hand is in his touching his lips.
"So,am i not expecting a wrath of this lady for being a spoilsport?"he mutters.
"Well,i was mad at you a few moments ago or until i saw you"i bespeak.
"you mean to say that it was futile of my effort that i put in to make upto an angry lady?"He asks faking disapppintment.
"Sure,i'll go back to my room since we are not going to have dinner."

I take a step behind to walk back and he grabs me from my wrist and my back hit his hard chest,he leans forward looking at me from my shoulder.He moves one of his hand to point a fingure at his car,my eyes follow and he slowly makes me move towards that way.He grabs the handle of the car to pull open the door and grabs a bunch of pink roses and a takeout from the rear seat.

"Beautiful roses for the beautiful person"he handsover to me.

My heart swells at the beautiful gesture & i m more than pleased to receive them.He grabs my hand and the takeout in the other and walks me to the end of the lawn where the lobby extends and here we sit.

"I have been starving,haven't had anything for lunch,So Shall we?"He asks looking above from the food packets.He feeds me a spoon and then goes on to sate his hunger.Looking at him eating, like a baby spilling around makes me smile.Once we are done with wrapping the unwrapped.he orders me to lie on the grass and thats something i wont do but he can make me assertive nd oblige even where i dont want to.

We sit ideally gazing at the dark,moonless nightsky with blue and silver lining  and talk nothing for almost half an hour,but we just lied holding hands,caressing my hand,he looks at me with his magical eyes,that breaks my gaze from the sky aswell as the thoughts that were running wild in my mind.My inner and outer-me both for the first time are going in the same order of thinking,i somehow want this perfectness to stay and stay long or forever.There is sometging magenatic to his charisma,thats drawing me over and over.His little gentleman curtesy acts,the way he takes in my hand bringing it closer to kiss or the way he surprised me by getting flowers and now the way this random staring game or the scramble on the muddy patch between the grassy plot at some odd hours of night lying under the cloudy roof.Everything about the night seems to be amazing.

We didnot have enough of the conversation yet feelings were exchanged beautifully.Disheartening that i had to come back to the dorms.

Author's Note:
Hello once again,i would take this moment to appreciate the readers who are following me and this story constantly and more thank you for voting,only if u cud just rate or share the feedback in the comment box below.And welcome the once who are just reading this part particularly,spare a moment and vote for all the previous chapters pretty please :)

Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.