"Kakyoin has entered a coma."

...

Jotaro froze. Every muscle tensed, and he felt his heart break. "...What?"

"I'm so sorry Jotaro. I know how much he means to you. I can barely fathom how hard this must be for you. I'm terribly sorry Jotaro. I know this sounds formal because it's part of my job to do this otherwise I'm fired, but really. I am so sorry."

Jotaro looked down, the teal color from his eyes seeming to drain away. 

"Do you have any idea when he'll wake up?" Jotaro spoke, almost barely being heard. 

Dr. Hashi looked down, the mood of the room depressing and tense, hope and anxiety, and most of all: Fear. 

"We don't know if he will." She whispered. 

And then it happened. 

Jotaro's knees buckled and he sank to the floor. He stared at the painfully white paneling, feeling that his life had just lost all purpose in his life. Kakyoin gave him meaning, gave him feeling and emotion, and most of all, gave him his first crush. Jotaro was snapped out of his trance by a feeling on his shoulder. Holly had crouched down and leaned against Jotaro, hoping to give any source of comfort. 

Jotaro didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to believe that Kakyoin might be gone. 

No. Jotaro wouldn't lose hope. There's still a chance Kakyoin will wake up. There's hope, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. And Jotaro would make sure he got to it. 

His eyes snapped open as he gently stood up. He looked at Dr. Hashi, his eyes seething with rage and hurt, they were so full of emotion. His aquamarine hues were practically glowing, slightly puffy from tearing up. His soul burned, so many things adding to the fire more and more, as every second passed, every thought that entered his head, was the fuel to his pure hatred. Dr. Hashi could barely stand under his gaze without trembling, but she had to keep a strong exterior, no matter how devastated she was as well. Jotaro inhaled sharply and spoke.

"I need access to your security tapes."

...

Meanwhile, Kakyoin was unaware he was in a coma. He thought he was just passed out and dreaming. Lucid dreaming, to be exact. He was aware of his dreaming state and could consciously explore his dream world. But, he wasn't too fond of being conscious in your dreams, ever since Death 13, he hasn't trusted it.

Kakyoin looked around, finding himself at his own house. He cautiously walked up the front steps and knocked on the door. He didn't know what he was doing, he hasn't talked to them since his mother lashed out on Jotaro, and Kakyoin had lashed out at her. 

After a few seconds, he realized this was a bad idea and decided to turn around. But just before he stepped down from the door, he heard it swing open.

"Noriaki?" a voice said.

Kakyoin winced, as he was not always good at confrontation, especially if it was awkward. He slowly turned around to see his mother looking at him, his father behind her. "Hi mom, I was just coming to say hi, so, hi, bye now!" Kakyoin waved as he chuckled nervously, spinning on his ankle to walk the opposite way.

"Noriaki stop being silly! You live here, come inside before your dinner gets cold."

Kakyoin knit his brows in confusion. She sounded like nothing was wrong, and like he had nowhere else to be. Wasn't he supposed to be in the hospital? Kakyoin's heart sped up as he looked down to see he was back in his green gakuran. He swiftly unbuttoned his outfit and saw that he had no scar on his stomach. No bruises, no stitches, nothing. Kakyoin whipped around to face his confused mother.