Chapter 1

Lumina

The screens above were shining with a bright sky. The walls were all showing green fields on their screens...

Everything in Lumina felt fake. Not like Xarden where the rolling hills were green with wild flowers.

Cry stared up at the screens as she watched the clouds rolled on them. This should be from a wind but there were none.

She ran her fingers through her yellow-blondish hair. She sighed as she whispered the words 'fake' to herself.

"Hey, Cry!" Rose called from down the pathway.

All around her were broken buildings... home to the refugees from the war behind the walls. Most were poor... just like Cry. She had her mother... she barely remembered her father and hometown, Xarden... just memories her mother had told her.

These broken buildings were not really broken... but to Cry, they were. They were buildings that were left undone... not complete. But they were enough for Cry and mother, Crystal.

Rose was already here when Cry and her mother came there.

Of course, they became best friends.

"Yo, Cry! Are you gonna lead us to that thing?!" Cry shook away the memories when she heard Moon calling out.

Wearing her black gloves, she reluctantly pulled at them and smiled at her friends.

"Alright, alright... it's over this way!" Cry pointed as she lead the way... towards the walls.

The edge of the walls, held remnants of what could have been... deep in the center of Lumina was more rich while these were abandoned.

Cry walked through broken glass, good thing she wore her boots for this.

Rose, was grunting, wearing a dress with her red boots... her long red hair, pulled back in a pony tail.

Moon, who was new, was with silver hair and silver eyes... he was unique but his name matched his features all the way. He wore black clothing and black boots... almost like he was ready for a battle too.

Cry kneel as she was ducking some of fallen buildings... they had been like this for so long... even long before she gotten there.

She caught her breath before she climbed the ladder that had been placed there by her a while ago... when she first discovered the hole in the wall.

She waited at a clearing for her two friends to caught up. Moon was out of breath... so was Rose. She knew they weren't used to it... especially since they were magic users.

Cry's mother had taught her magic and swordsmanship... she often wonder why... but she always did carry a weapon with her. For protection, her mother had mentioned every time.

But for Cry, she carried a sword... it was found within one of the abandoned buildings near the wall.

"Darn, Cry... that was..." Moon breathless say but he looked towards the wall.

"Yep... that's the hole, I've been telling you guys about." Cry looked towards the wall at the hole... she could slightly feel a wind blowing through it.

"Hey... is that... wind?" Rose moved toward the wind.

Cry extend her arm out to Rose. "Careful."

Rose stared at her. "What's wrong?"

Cry pointed down below at the wall, to where to hole was. There were monsters roaming there.

"Oh." Rose whispered.

"Yep." Cry sighed. "Let's go back."

Moon let out a moan but he didn't say anything else.