Untitled Part 2

As Gill walked into the pub he was engulfed by it's warmth, after walking in the rain from his work he was officially freezing.

He shook some of the water from his hair and walked to the bar, pulling out a stool next to his good friend,  William. "Didn't you bring an umbrella?" William laughed

Gill gave him a sour look, " If I had brought an umbrella would I be as wet as I am?" William just laughed as he took a sip of his beer and then ordered one for Gill.

" Here, on me. Since you're in such a bad mood" Said William before he started a conversation with the bartender. 

Gill took a look around the bar, studying all the people, laughing and dancing around to the band. It had been a while since he had danced he thought, as he noticed a young woman across the bar. Men were surrounding her, and although he couldn't blame them for wanting to talk to the young woman with deep blue eyes and dark curly hair, he also couldn't help but think that she looked incredibly bored, and sick of them.

As he continued to watch the woman his suspicions were confirmed when she turned around from gracefully rejecting one arrogant-looking man with a roll of her eyes. The eye-roll obviously wasn't meant to be seen by anybody, since she happened to meet Gill's eyes a moment after and she blushed that she had been caught at being so rude, however, it didn't last long as Gill grinned and he saw her lift her chin up defiantly at him as if to say "Okay, so what? The guy was annoying", and for that he couldn't exactly blame her, so he simply lifted his beer in a silent salute to her.

" So, why'd ya travel so far from home? Were ya running? " 

She thought for a while and he thought she wasn't going to answer when she suddenly nodded,

"Yeah, yeah I was running" 

"Ah, well, I know a thing or two about that." He gave a chuckle that sounded rather sad to her ears "What were you running from?" He asked her, with a tilt of his head, making some of his dark hair fall across his forehead, he was smiling and there was curiosity burning in his eyes. What on earth could make this bold and confident lass run?

But she laughed and shook her head, " I wasn't running from anything, I was running to something"

" Ah, so you were chasing something..." There was a slight pause while he thought about that "Aye, that sounds more like you."  he turned his stool towards hers, and put his legs to both sides of her, trapping her in, "Tell me, lass, what were you chasing? Was it a lad?" He glanced down at her lips, praying that it wasn't, though he didn't think it was because she didn't seem the type to run for a man... He had the feeling that she would make men run for her, without even knowing what she was doing.

" No, it wasn't a lad... If I had been running from something it probably would have been a guy ."

He didn't think she really meant to say that, she had a glossed-over look in her eye that said she wasn't really thinking of what she was saying.

"I was chasing so much more than a guy, I was chasing adventure, excitement, and passion"  she  finally looked at him and was surprised to find him looking at her intensely before he smiled and asked 

"Didn't anyone ever tell you, lass?" His eyes flickered to her lips again before meeting her eyes, she gave him a confused look at his question, before also glancing at his lips, asking "Didn't anyone tell me what?"

His grin widened a little before he slowly leaned in, whispering in her ear " With the right guy you can have all those things in one touch" with that he slowly trailed his hand up her arm, surprising even himself at the jolt of energy that ran from his fingertips to his heart.

She shivered at the feeling of his fingers on her skin and she turned her head, landing it inches from his face.

They both looked at each other's eyes, occasionally letting their eyes slip down to the other's lips. 

"would you show me?" She softly whispered, still looking at his lips

And with those words, he slowly leaned in and gently kissed her lips, bringing his hands up to gently cradle her head, he deepened the kiss. Then he pulled away, both of them were breathing deeper than they normally did, and she surprised him when she slowly leaned back in to kiss him again. It started out as a small peck, then another. Then he took her bottom lip gently between his and gave a small nip, sucking slickly to relieve the pain.