Momento Mori

Present:February 2nd 2015
Y/n's POV:

It's been a year since Hannah and Beth went missing, probably the hardest year of my life.  I didn't really talk to anyone for a month, but Chris is always persistent.  Everyday he would call me and text me till I finally gave in and answered him.  I could hear the relief in his voice over the phone.  Soon he started coming over so we could start hanging out again like the old times. At first, I would still think about what happened and he would always comfort me, but after a while I push everything away so I could enjoy my time with Chris.  Then Sam reached out to me and I was happy she did as I missed hanging out with her also.  Sometimes I would even go to see Josh because I know for sure he was not handling it well.  We would just sit in silence and I would be his shoulder to cry on.  I would try and be strong for him but I know he knows I'm not doing well ether.  He always thanks me for being there for him and soon he actually started talking to our other friends.  Even if it was mostly Chris, Sam and I.

Today, on the anniversary of the twins disappearance, Josh really wanted all of us to come back like the old times.  He seemed really excited about it and I wouldn't want to disappoint him, so I agreed to go.  Right now I'm on the bus with Sam.  Sam's like my sister, she's one of my favourite people and I love her to death. She introduced me to the twins and we would all hang out together all the time.... She's on her phone listening to whatever and I'm just overthinking like I usually do.  Sam pokes my shoulder and holds her up right earphone for me take.  I accepted and we listen to the video Josh sent all of us.

"Well hello friends and fans... Alright let's do that again.
Alright, well hello friends and fans!
It's beyond awesome to have you guys all back this year.
Uhhh first off I gotta say I am super exited to welcome all my pals
back to the annual Blackwood winter getaway!
Yaaaaaaaaa
So um... Let me just let you know, let's take a moment to
address the "elephant in the room" for a second...
I know you're all probably worried about me...
and I know it's going to be tough on all of us going back
after what happened last year...
but - I just want you all to know... it means...
It mean so much to me that your all doing this. And I...
I know it would mean so much to Hannah and Beth that we-we're still here together.
You know, thinking of them.
I really wanna spend sometime with e-each and everyone of you.
and um, just share some moments that we'll never forget.
Fo-for the sake of my sisters and, you know? Okay... so!
Let's party like we're fucking porn stars, okay?
And make this one trip we will never forget, alright? Yes!"

Sam and I look at each other, then she puts on her music for us to listen to.

...
TEN HOURS UNTIL DAWN

Around half an hour passed and we've finally reached our destination, we both thank the driver and exit the bus. I quickly take out my camera from my backpack and put the strap around the back of my neck so I'm ready to take pictures of the beautiful scenery.

"Finally, I was starting to get cramped in there." She said as she rubs her legs.

"Me too, thank god we're finally here." I said as I open the gate and let Sam walk in first.

"Why thank you." She said as she bowed slightly. We both giggle.

"Hey, before we go any further let's take a picture." I said as I lift up my camera. She laughs

"Alright, fine." She walks beside me, puts her arm around me and we smile. I turn the camera around and expertly take a photo with both of us in the middle.

"Let me see, let me see." I laugh and hand the camera to her.

"Wow, you're really good." Sam said then hands my camera to me, I then put it back around my neck. Suddenly I hear a noise.