6

Y/n POV

I opened my eyes slightly, feeling warmth. I heard faint breathing and I shifted slightly.

"W-When did-" I was cut of when Ranpo covered my mouth with his hand.

"Shush... I'm trying to sleep.." He mumbled out in a slur of words.

I tried to push him away but he gripped me tighter and I gave up. He rested his head on my shoulder and his arms stay around my form. I felt his breath hit my neck and a shivered.

"Ranpo-San, it's time to get up!!" I said, poking his stomach.

He groaned and shook his head.

"RANPO GET UP!" I shouted in his ear.

"Alright, alright.." he slowly let go of me and sat up.

He rubbed his eyes sleepily and looked over. I got up and slipped out of bed. I scratched my head and walked to the bathroom. My face felt warm. I stopped, looking up at my face in the mirror. It had a slight shade of pink.

'Am I... blushing?' I shook my head.

I huffed, washing my face with warm, soapy water. I looked up, drying my face.

"Hey, Y/n-chan. Are you in there? I'm gonna make some breakfast if that's alright." Ranpo said with a soft tap on the door.

"Ah- okay.." I said.

I decided to take a shower. A few minutes later I got out and headed back to my room. My apartment had a sweet smell to it. I hummed and chose the outfit I wanted to wear.

'It feels like..No! Shush, Y/n!'

I finished getting dressed and walked out with a sigh. I looked into the kitchen and saw a stack of pancakes. I smiled slightly.

"Hm? Oh your done! Just in time." Ranpo smiled as he finished washing the frying pan.

"Where did you find pancake mix?" I looked over at them.

"Oh. I went to the store and got some." He said, grabbing syrup out of a bag.

"Ah- you didn't have to cook!" I said, waving my hands slightly.

"I don't mind. Plus, we both like pancakes, so." He smiled, walking over.

"But-.... oh well.." I sighed, sitting down at the small table.

Ranpo came up behind me, patting my head. I looked up and he smiled down at me. I smiled back slightly and took a bite.

"Mm.. these are good!" I hummed.

"Glad you like 'em." He said.

I finished a few more and handed Ranpo a bite.

"Here. You didn't eat yet right?" I said, holding it up to him.

He looked down at it, his shoulders tensed slightly but he took a bite anyways. He smiled softly, chewing the pancake.

"Thanks." He hummed, patting my head again.

~Time skip brought to you by Ranpo's head pats ♡~

We headed to the agency and when we entered, a girl with blonde hair was sitting on one of the sofa's. I narrowed my eyes at her, my hand twitched in my pocket.

She looked up at me, seeming to have a shocked or worried expression. She cleared her through and turned back to the others.

I sneered at her before turning away.

'I know that face..'

I walked away from them, deciding to wait outside of the Agency's building. I hid in the shadows, sitting down. I waited for her to walk out of the building.

After a few minutes, I heard the door open. She walked out, looking around slightly before walking off. I followed her silently.

I followed her down an alley way. She turned.

"Why are you following me.. Y/n." She said in a pissed tone.

"Why the hell do you care, Higuchi." I snapped back at her.

She pulled out her pistol, aiming it at my head. I took my hands out of the pocket of my hoodie.

"Still using that toy?" I smirked.

She tightened her grip on the gun.

"Shut the hell up!" She snapped.

Icicles sprouted out of my hands, I shot them at her and she jumped away, only a few tearing pant leg.

She shot her pistol at my leg and I hissed in pain, biting my tongue.

I looked up, seeing a hue of green and fake snow surrounding us.

'Isn't that Junichirou's ability...?'

I stopped, staring at Higuchi with narrowed eyes. I held the wound on my leg and examined it. I winced, my face twisting in pain as I pulled the bullet out.

I heard footsteps behind me. Junichirou was holding Higuchi and Ranpo picked me up off of the ground.

"Crap- your leg..." Ranpo looked at the wound.

"It's fine.. I got the bullet out.." I said, feeling lightheaded.

Ranpo tore off part of his sleeve and tightly tied it around my leg. He called Junichirou and they both turned to leave. Dazai was waiting at the end of the alley and they we started heading back to the Agency.

I passed out after a while, feeling Ranpo's grip on my body tighten in a protective manner.

________________

End of chapter 6 :)) hope you liked it ^^

~Sheep 🐑