15: Jane

Chapter 15

-Tatiana Arianell Hunter-

"Mind giving me a heads-up about your family history?"

I finally finished packing clothes for myself and Maverick all in one backpack. I zipped it up and decided to ask Atlas, who was also folding some shirts of his.

We just returned home, but then I found out that we also need to travel again to Asia and Europe. Thank heavens for Sabine's portal, although she will only portal us to Japan.

Atlas just finished packing and zipped his bag before looking at me and starting to explain.

"Okay, first if you must know, my late grandfather, Alpha King Darius' first born child is my Uncle Leonard, the current Alpha King. Years after Darius' wife, Leonard's mother died. It was a surprise for everyone that he still managed to find himself his second chance mate, my grandmother Vivian. Darius and Vivian then had my father, Marcus. Uncle Leonard was twenty-eight when my father was born, and a year after that, Darius died, and Leonard was later crowned as the new Alpha King."

I slightly lowered my head. Alpha King Darius didn't just die; he was killed by my grandfather. We all knew that. The old man loved bragging all about that, saying that was his biggest achievement as a hunter.

Oh, if only he could see his granddaughter now being the soulmate of the grandson of the creature he hated.

But I didn't know that the former Alpha King had two mates, so I guess a second chance mate is possible if your first mate dies or perhaps rejects you.

I couldn't think of anyone else tolerable as my mate who smells like roses other than Atlas.

"Except for Audrey. Are you really the only first and last pick of your uncle to be his successor?" I asked, not wanting to get into the topic of both our grandfathers.

I mean, perhaps there are still some of their extended family members who are willing to be candidates, but I guess it's still up to the Alpha King's choice.

Also, I still do not know the reason why he doesn't want to be his uncle's successor.

"Unfortunately so, but if you include the family of my grandfather's sisters, then there's Brett, Gio, Noelle, Sasha, Sander, and Paxton. All of them hate me and our family, by the way." Atlas answered with a heavy sigh, and I frowned, watching as he was becoming upset.

Comfort mate, stupid. Talyia hissed.

Shut up, Mutt; he's not finished speaking.

We still don't get along.

"But our goal here is to convince my cousin Jane to rekindle her relationship with her father, and maybe just maybe she'll get her and her son's place back in the line of succession, where they are supposed to be". He explained once again exactly what he said a little while ago.

Duly noted on that.

"So what's the exact reason why your cousin Jane went rogue and is now living in Japan?" I questioned.

"As cliche as it sounds, it's because she fell in love with a guy."

"You mean her mate?"

"No. Kiato is not Jane's mate. In fact, she rejected her mate the first time she met him. All for Kiato." Atlas shakes his head in what seems to be disappointment for his cousin.

"What? Why?! I thought—" and my eyes widened.

"I know. Jane really did fall madly in love with Kiato, who was her classmate in some subjects at Princeton where she was studying, and she was already pregnant with her and Kiato's child when she found her mate, so she rejected him."