Elinor pushed the door into the crowded eatery. They managed to claim the farthest, deepest corner of the vicinity, where the fluffy blue and white sofa was shaped like a quarter circle.

A young lady wearing a pair of quad skates came to offer them the menus.

"Good evening, Ellie."

"Good evening, Kate. I'll take the usual, please."

"Alrighty," the lady scribbled down something on her notepad, "And for the gentleman?"

She halted, taking in George's eccentric choice of clothings. He was looking around the room like he was brought into a whole new world.

"Uh," George scratched his head, "Whatever she's taking."

"Sure... Anything else?"

Elinor looked at George, "Do you want anything to snack?"

George flipped the menu in his hand, "I don't know. Up to you."

"And one onion ring, please."

"Okay. Please wait ten to fifteen minutes."

The lady rolled away, leaving them alone.

"So..." Elinor started, crossing her fingers on top of the table, "Why don't we just get back to our respective lives and get off each other's back?"

George stopped his sightseeing. "Nope. And I'm still waiting for your turn."

Elinor kept quiet and fiddled with the hem of her shirt, a habit she did whenever she was nervous.

"I'm not asking about your Hogwarts days. I'm asking about your name, your age, your birthday, and your French family. That's it."

"Elinor Rousseau," she began, "Twenty one. My— my birthday..."

Her family celebrated it on May 2nd, because that was the date they first met each other.

"May 2nd."

"Can't you tell me the real deal? I'm a good secret keeper."

Elinor spent a few seconds just looking at him. She didn't know why, but the truth just stumbled out of her lips without her full consent. "...November 29th."

George nodded, "Uh-uh. I heard you own that bakery?"

"No, my parents—" Elinor paused "—my adoptive parents do. I think they're going to... uh, inherit it to me. In the future."

Two tall glasses filled to the brim with chocolate drinks and whipped cream, two plates of plain waffles, and one small basket of onion ring came.

George took a sip from his beverage. "What's this again?"

"Chocolate milkshake. How is it?"

"It's... not bad."

"Not bad? This is really good!"

"Maybe it's because I don't really like chocolate."

"What?" Elinor frowned, "Why didn't you say so? I could've ordered you something else."