37.

The next day after our classes ended, we were all sitting in the hostel grounds, near the huge fountain that was in the center.

Yeah, this institute was really freaking expensive. I actually wondered how my mother and step father put up with paying my fee every year when they didn't even want to see me.

I slowly shook my head free from my morose thoughts. Thinking about my mother always made me upset, when it's supposed to be the other way around. Not for me of course.

I wasn't writing right at this moment (what you're reading is what I wrote later, duh) because the boys were always very nosy and read over my sboulder when I wasn't quick enough to slam my journal shut.

We were all sitting in a messy circle on the grass next to the cool fountain, the late evening sunlight caressing our backs.

Liam was sitting beside me while Ashton was on my other side; Louis had his head in Liam's lap and Ashton was having a staring match with his blonde haired room-mate, Luke, who was also a pretty chill bloke. A little awkward and fidgety but he got on with Ashton well.

It was cold again, so freaking cold. And the institute being loacted at almost the edge of the sea didn't help with the cild situation. So of course we were all bundled up.

Liam and Louis were in their own little bubble, and Luke and Ashton were having their own conversation. I decided to chime in a few times, but decided not to.

With a shrug, I pulled out my journal from my backpack, flipping to a new page, staring at the crisp white for a few seconds.

I just couldn't write right now. I usually felt comfortable to write when I'm alone.

Heaving a sigh, I crossed my arms over my chest as I idly looked around at the front yard of the institute bustling with volunteers, teachers and the students/patients which would be us.

Just then, on the other side of the yard, a few students from Senior class piled from inside, settling down on the grass facing the hostel building, sketch pads in their laps. Zayn was behind them, guiding the students on what they had to draw by signing and gesturing to the building, while I couldn't tear my eyes away from him.

I followed his every movement with my eyes, my heart beating faster and my breath slowing. Damn, I really have it bad.

But it's not my fault! Zayn looked so fucking perfect in an all black ensemble. Seriously, so beautiful.

Before any of the guys noticed me staring at Zayn like a creep, I looked away, and Ashton was smiling at Zayn.

Ashton then looked at me when he noticed my gaze on him, giving me a dimpled smile.

How's art class? I signed to him, and Ashton shrugged with a half smile.

It's cool. I mean I get to draw, but no matter what I do, Mr. Malik finds something wrong in everything I do, and he's always praising his other new students, Ashton signed and then pouted, putting his hands down as he gazed back at Zayn in the distance, who had now sat down with his students.

Well, that's very unlike Zayn, I thought, and I looked back at Zayn again, who had a hand on his student's shoulder as he crouched next to him, helping him with the sketch.

Was Zayn actually still jealous of Ashton? I almost laughed at that. He shouldn't be! Ashton was too adorable to be considered a... threat?

But Zayn treating Ashton like that was also kinda wrong. I could see how sad that made the little guy. I made a mental note to talk about this to Zayn later.

Even though it was making me feel all gloaty because Zayn was actually jealous. For me.

I then remembered the letter I'd written for Zayn, and decided to give it to him now. Yes, now.

I know it was a stupid idea, but I wanted to.

I flicked Louis' nose who had his eyes closed and was purring as Liam's fingers gently carded through his hair. His blue eyes flashed open as he sat up, making me laugh.

I pointed to where Zayn was with my eyes, and Louis glanced there, then smirked as he met my eyes, then Liam's. I had already told both the boys about the letter I was giving Zayn and told them an immensely ommited version of Zayn's last letter. Because if you tell Louis something, he always has to tell his boyfriend too.

But Louis knew everything though. There was no point in me hiding it. The bastard had read Zayn's letter by pulling it out of wherever I hide it, and then hugged and kissed me all over, then took me to the cafeteria as we celebrated with pizza slices.

Louis was a nosy idiot, yeah, but I couldn't me more glad that I met him.

I'm going to talk to Mr. Malik. There was something about an Art Musuem in English class and I want to ask him, I signed to Ashton who'd asked where I was going.

Nodding at the boys, I stood up and nervously crossed the distance and walked up to Zayn who hadn't seen me because of the angle.

I patted his shoulder and he stood up, I smiled softly at Zayn who smiled back, making my heartbeat plummet, hoping to God it wasn't loud enough so he could have heard it.

I held my hand out for a handshake, and Zayn frowned for a second before grabbing my hand to shake. I then passed my folded letter in his hand, ignoring the tingling in my stomach, and pulled back when he'd grasped it.

Raising his eyebrows, Zayn pursed his lips as if he was impressed, and I grinned lightly as Zayn quickly tucked the letter in his jacket pocket.

Have a nice day, Mr. Malik, I signed, throwing Zayn a teasing smile as I turned to walk away. But Zayn lightly grabbed my hoodie, yanking me to a stop.

My eyes widened as I met his gaze. He reached a hand up to my face, and my breath caught. But he just brushed something off my shoulder and gave me his tongue between his teeth smile.

Bug, he signed cheekily.

Oh, so teasing me now? Two can play at that game.

I nodded in thanks as I then flitted my gaze down to his pink lips and then back to his eyes a few times, making Zayn narrow his gaze with a knowing smile on his lips.

Biting my lower lip to supress a smile, I turned on my heel and walked back to my friends.

Did I, Niall Horan, actually just flirt? And succeed at it? Wow.

- - -

on the side (or above the chappie for mobile) is when niall saw zayn in all black tssss)

This story has been entered for the Bromance awards! Hope you guys will vote

So much for the double update. I fell asleep oops haha