Chapter Two: Koeun and the X-Force

Beginne am Anfang

Agape, Koeun was startled by his actions but knew she had to let him, thinking he might be finding it difficult too. So, she let her arms wrap around him, not too loose yet not too tight, and eventually, leaning her head on his back.

Although no one could see it, Mark's lips slightly curled before speeding up on the road.

~*~*~*~*~

It didn't take a while for the two to arrive at their destination, but as soon as they did, Koeun was already in awe about the place.

While they were on the highway earlier, Mark had taken a turn and entered an exclusive avenue wide enough to fit a car. The path was lined with tall hedges and trees, creating barriers at the sides that covered it. This allowed Koeun to be curious about what was hiding behind as they proceeded to go through it.

Finally, after passing by a bunch of trees, the two got out of the path, revealing the place the X-Force was staying at. Koeun gasped as her eyes admired the huge, two-storey, marble mansion in the distance embellished with trimmed hedges at the front. A round, working fountain was also standing mid-front, allowing the motorcycle to go around it before they reached the house's facade.

"This place is wonderful." Koeun remarked as soon as she got off the bike, handing Mark her helmet.

"Well, I can say that having Chenle on our side is very advantageous." Mark had set the helmets aside, pulling the keys out.

She watched him swing his leg to get off of it. "I'm not surprised about that." She remembered Chenle being the son of a wealthy, influential man from China.

"Come on, I'll show you around." His head motioned towards the house and the two began to ascend the stairs.

As soon as Mark pushed the huge, mahogany doors open, Koeun had once again gaped at the sight. The first thing that greeted them was the hall, which was heavily decorated with expensive objects- from antique, ceramic vases, and potted houseplants to a tall, grandfather clock.

Is this for real? Koeun unknowingly spun around to take a more detailed look.

Venturing further, they entered the living room, which was wider than the hall. It was also decorated with expensive furniture, arranged and designed perfectly appealing to the eyes. A chandelier hung in the middle, its warm light illuminating the room. Judging by its theme, the whole place screamed luxury, explained by the hint of gold everywhere.

Koeun was too immersed at admiring the place that she didn't notice someone calling her name. "Koeun!"

Looking away from the paintings on the wall, the girl caught sight of the curly, blonde boy that approached her. A joyful smile appeared on her face. "Renjun!"

Hearing her squeal, Renjun watched her run towards him and extended his arms for her. The older girl quickly enveloped him in a hug, colliding with the boy, and the two lightly swayed.

Mark crossed both of his arms as he watched the scene unfold, glad to see them reuniting.

The two slightly broke away but still holding each other. "I've missed you!" Koeun blurted out, making eye contact.

This caused Renjun to chuckle, his eyes almost disappearing behind his glasses from pure joy. "I've missed you too." He admitted. "Did you know how much I've longed to see you again? I had to complain to Mark, here, about it for the past few months," Koeun let out a hearty laugh as he gestured at Mark. "and he just granted it after waiting for a whole year!"

Still laughing, Koeun tried to suppress it. "Well, at least, you get to see me now. That's what matters."

"You're right." Renjun beamed once again.