Chapter Seven

Andrew changed his mind. He and Mattie were going to stay the night. 

Laurie quickly warned me when were alone that I shouldn't show any sympathy towards Mattie when Andrew hit him. Which turned out to be a lot. I was just to sit at Laurie's feet. I rested my head agaist his legs and he stroked my hair - it was comforting. I tried to mimick the way Mattie acted, but I'd never been very good at sitting still and kept fidgeting. Neither Andrew or Laurie said anything to me, but I heard them when they went into the kitchen.

"You want to teach your bitch to behave," Andrew said. 

"Don't. He's new at this - he's barely been here a couple of days," Laurie replied. 

"So... what? You want him to think you're going to be easy from him right away?" Andrew said. "I wouldn't - you know how I operate. I teach my pets discipline right from the off." 

"Yes, well, we're quite different, aren't we?" Laurie said, curtly. 

 "True," Andrew agreed. "But you've gone soft." 

"I have not gone soft!" Laurie sounded offended. 

"Oh?" Andrew challenged. "Then prove it." 

"Fine," Laurie sounded mad now. 

We heard the pounding footsteps towards the den and then the door swung open. Laurie strode over to me, picked me up by a handful of my hair and pulled me close to him, by my collar. It cut into my neck and I was struggling to breathe. "Listen," he hissed. "You're gonna fucking sit still for the rest of the fucking day. If you don't, so help me God, I will fucking beat you until your lungs stop working, is that clear?" 

"L-Lawrence..." I mumbled. "S-Sir, y-you're hurting..." 

"Do I look like I give two fucks?" he said. "D'you think you can sit still? Do you?" 

"I... I don't know," I felt tears pooling in my eyes. He slapped me across the face. Hard.

"Not good enough," he said. "Can. You. Sit. Still?" 

"Um. Um..." I mumbled. My cheek stung, and I didn't want him to hit me again. But I didn't know what I was expected to say. 

"Stop fucking stammering!" Laurie punched me in the gut and I doubled over. He yanked me upright again by my hair and punched me again. I felt blood pouring from my nose but didn't dare reach up to wipe it away. It matched the tears pouring down my cheeks.  "Answer me!"

"Y-Yes, sir," I nodded, because I just wanted it to stop. 

"Good boy," he said, harshly, dropping me hard onto the floor. 

As he sat down, I saw the look of approval his brother gave him. 

***

I thought Laurie had actually changed, actually gone that angry and cruel. Maybe this was the real him? Maybe before was just for show? I hoped not, but that seemed more like the stories I'd heard before. 

He proved me wrong, however, when we went up for bed that night. I stood at the door, head bent, looking at the floor. "Myth?" he said, sounding kind of sheepish. I looked up at him. 

"Y-Yeah?"  I wanted to cry all over again, just looking at him. 

 "C'mere," he held his arms out to me and I went towards him tentatively. He pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm sorry." 

"Sorry? Why?" I asked. "Th-that's how vampires are expected to treat their pets, isn't it?" 

"Just because it's expected doesn't mean it's right," he said. "Let's have a look at your nose. Hmm. I don't think it's broken... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hit you that hard." 

"It's okay," I said. What else could I say? He pulled me into the bed. 

"Andrew will be expecting us to have sex tonight...." he said. 

"Oh. Okay," I really wasn't ready for that just yet. He chuckled. 

"We don't have to," he said. "I have an idea - but we'll have to kiss. Is that okay? You've been kissed before, right?" 

"Y-Yeah," I nodded.

"Right. Come on, then," he patted the bed and I laid down. He propped himself up above me and bent to kiss me. 

I was expecting... well. I don't know what I was expecting. Not what I got. Soft full lips and a warm, gentle tongue. His eyes fluttered shut and after a few seconds, so did mine. His hands rested on my hips. I lifted mine and, after a moment's hestitation, they came to sit on his shoulders . He smiled into the kiss, then lifted his lips briefly from mine. 

"This is where you need to trust me, Myth. Okay?" he said. "Just go with me, right?" 

"Okay. Right," I nodded. Gently, slowly, Laurie lowered his forearms so he was resting lightly on top of me. He nudged my legs slightly further apart with his knees and pressed his hips against mine. I jolted back at the shock and he put a hand on the back of my head. 

"It's okay," he said. "Just trust me." 

As much as I didn't want to, I did. There was just something about him. I guessed it was a Vamp thing. Laurie stayed where he was for a few moments, then repeated the motion with his hips. Instead of backing away, this time my hips jerked forwards of their own accord. He smiled into the kiss. "Good lad," he whispered. "Just keep that up, sweetie, yeah?" 

"O-Okay," I said, nodding. He moved his mouth away from mine, and pressed his lips to my neck. I felt his fangs scrape gently against my skin as he sucked and gasped at how good it felt. "Fuck! Laurie," I gasped. 

"Myth..." he growled. 

"Sorry... sir..." I said, breathlessly. He chuckled. 

"Good boy," he purred, resuming with leaving lovebites all down my neck. My hands found his hair and tangled themselves in it, tugging gently. He moaned against my skin and it felt good. I couldn't help smiling. He unbuttoned my pyjama shirt and started on my chest. I was just kind of getting into it when the door opened and Andrew came in. Laurie glared at him. "D'you fucking mind?" he snarled. 

"Sorry," Andrew chuckled. "Just keep it down a bit, yeah?" 

"What the fuck ever, just get the fuck out," Laurie snapped. Andrew did just that and strolled away, chuckling. 

I expected (and almost hoped) that Laurie would go back to what he was doing. Instead, he buttoned up my top and kissed my chest where the last button fastened. "There - now we don't have to do anything," he looked smug. I smiled. 

"You're a good kisser," I told him. He smirked. 

"Not so bad yourself," he said. There was a pause. then - "Night, babe." 

"Night... Laurie," I said. He pulled me close and cuddled me in. I sighed feeling... not happy. But content. It may have been a dreadful thing that had happened and maybe Laurie wasn't all he seemed. 

But for now, I was content.