1: A Scientist/Assassin

The Empire (3rd POV)

In the bowels of the empire, a single man sat in his workshop, examining his new prosthetic hand. Gears and various mechanisms ticked within the inside of the metal and glinted from the light that bounced off of the eye holes of the mask. As he continued to work on his hand, the sound of footsteps began to echo across the floor until they stopped right behind him.

Honest: Ah, my loyal assassin. I have a mission for you. Are you up for it?

He proceeded to show how ready he was by quickly reattaching his hand and grabbing the handle of his blade, spinning it around a couple times before letting the blade briefly graze the side of Honest's beard. Honest grinned a devil's grin and told him his mission.

(Tatsumi POV)

I charged at Zanku with everything I had as he slashed at me. I looked back at him and smiled as he had one small cut on his face, but fell suddenly as he still managed to land a large cut on my side. As he charged at me in a guttural rage, a single blade landed in front of him and he stopped where he stood. Akame suddenly dropped down and picked up Murasame.  

Akame: Good job riling him up

Tatsumi: Akame!

Akame: I barely found you in time. Wait here and I'll tend to your wounds after I end this.

Zanku: Ah, Akame and the demon sword, Murasame. I've wanted to meet you for some time now.

Akame: I've wanted to meet you as well. My mission is to kill you, after all.

Tatsumi: Careful, Akame... he can read your thoughts

Akame: I see. That must be his Teigu's power. No matter, though. He can read my mind, but that doesn't mean he can't keep up with my movements.

Akame lunges forward and slashes at him as he raises his blades to block. She slashes at him and he moves away. It goes on like that for what seemed like hours.

Akame: He keeps reading my thoughts! Well then, *takes deep breath and runs at Zank*

Zanku: Oh, so you've quieted your mind now. But spectator can see into the future and with the slightest of muscle movements, I can see what you plan to do next!

Akame jumps up and prepares to slash at him but he blocks the powerful blow, creating a small crater around him. He pushes her aside and starts laughing.

Zanku: You know, it's almost unfair. If I take even the tiniest scratch, I die.

Akame: I should say the same to you and your Spectator.

Zanku: Yes well, do you hear the voices? I've had to talk constantly to drown them out. Oh, they were around since I became an executioner, telling me to join them in he-

Akame: I don't hear any voices.

Zanku: Really? Well, I guess that's the difference between us.

(Akame POV)

Akame: What? Kurome?

Kurome was standing right there, right where Zank was.

Tatsumi: No! Akame, whoever it is it's not real!

Zanku: Illusion sight. It finds the person most close to you and reveals them before your eyes. *runs at Akame*Now, you will die, looking at the one you love most!

I simply just raise my blade at my sister and slash her through the shoulder, breaking the illusion.

Zanku: What? Why would you-?

Akame: The one I love most in this world, is the one I wish to kill the most.

Zanku: No. No!

Akame: This fight is almost over.

Zanku: No, my blades! *blades break*

Akame: You're done.

Zanku: Not yet!

Zanku suddenly dodged my strike and Murasame hit the ground behind him. He ran past me and into the streets. Sighing, I rushed back towards Tatsumi to tend to his injuries.

(3rd POV)

Zanku ran through the streets until he finally realized Akame wasn't following him anymore. He ran into a nearby alley to catch his breath when he realized that there was someone else in the alley. Footsteps seemed to echo and grow louder behind him as someone emerged from the shadow of the alley. He had a trench coat, a mask, and a hat similar to a German officer's hat.

Zanku: Who are you? What's with the knives? That's my thing! Hey! Stay back!

He tried to run but tripped over a random crate as the man picked up his pace. Zanku tried to get back up, but the man suddenly got on top of him and started stabbing him repeatedly in the chest in a timely manner. Zanku screamed as he was being gutted until the man slit his throat, making his voice go silent. As the life slowly drained out of him, the masked assassin put a finger to his lips and closed his eyes. He noticed the Teigu attached to his forehead and proceeded to remove it. He inspected it for the longest time until he heard someone closing in on his position. He scaled the building and started running back towards the Capitol while the rest of Night Raid found Zanku's corpse.

Tatsumi: Whoa! You really went hard on him Leone.

Leone: Actually, I didn't do this.

Akame: Zanku is dead now. So, the mission is complete.

Lubbock: Wait, so we're not going to talk about how someone else is out there killing people?

Akame: He isn't attacking innocents, or us as of yet. So until then, he's the Empire's problem.

Within a couple hours, Y/n had returned to his underground laboratory. He took out the Teigu he had taken from Zanku and examined it, looking at it with curiosity and almost a bit of admiration. These items were rare and incredibly powerful if properly wielded. Already, Y/n was a deadly assassin and an ingenious scientist as is, but if he were to equip himself with a Teigu, he could become unstoppable. The only problem was that this Teigu could be easily attached to the user, meaning it could just as easily be removed. Glancing at his table of surgical and mechanical tools, Y/n got a rather insane but enjoyable idea.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n: Okay, goodbye.