Part 1

"Hey, kid." Rex walked up to Ahsoka. "Are you okay?" 

Ahsoka looked at Rex over her shoulder, then at her lightsabers on the dusty ground.

"Yeah, I think so.  I just don't know what to do know.  My whole life I have been told what to do.  Now, I need to find that out for myself."  Ahsoka turned to Rex. "I'm sorry about your brothers, Rex. They were good men." 

Rex nodded slightly. "Yeah, I'm gonna miss them, my brothers. They shouldn't have died like this." 

"I know," Ahsoka said.  

They both stood at the graves, having a moment of silence for their fallen friends.

Ahsoka took a side glance at Rex.  She saw a few tears were falling down his face. It was the first time Ahsoka had seen Rex cry openly. Ahsoka took Rex's hand.  Rex gave a slight squeeze back.

Ahsoka felt tears welling in her own eyes too. Some tears fell down her face.

Ahsoka dropped Rex's hand and walked back to the ship. The rough gravel stung Ahsoka's face when the wind picked up speed. Ahsoka climbed up the ship and sat in the gunner seat of the y-wing.

It was about five minutes before Rex came back. He had wiped his hand down his face removing the tears that were previously there. He climbed into the cockpit of the ship. 

"I never want to come back here," Rex stated gruffly. 

"Me too,"  Ahsoka said softly. 

Rex put his helmet behind his chair.  

"Where too next?" Rex asked. 

"I don't know," Ahsoka said.

*****