Chapter 9

The champion walked into the open field in the stadium where she was being greeted by cheers and screams from fans all across Galar who came to watch her battle. She raised her arms in the air as she walked towards the middle of the field, to show off her new cape. Usui was already standing on his place. He was looking around, amazed by the crowd that gathered for a single battle. He smiled scratched his head nervously.

"You simply seem to amaze me every single time, Gloria. Maybe you will be the one to teach me something this time!"

Gloria just nodded and the two trainers both turned around to walk to their place.

She glanced around the stadium, and saw Hop, Sonia and Leon sitting in as nearby the battlefield as they could. Her heart pounded when she glanced at Hop. I'll make him proud today.

"Go Ambipom!" Usui shouted as he threw in his pokeball in the field.

Gloria's eyes shined. She'd never seen that Pokémon before! Full of excitement, she took one big step forwards and elegantly threw her pokeball into the battlefield.

"You've got this Mimikyu!" Her voice was full of love and affection for her Pokémon.
The crowd started cheering and whistling for the ghost Pokémon.

Ambipom was running towards Mimikyu at full speed, ready to hit her with its multiple fists.
"Use Swords Dance twice while try to avoid his attacks, focus on your speed!" The champion ordered her Pokémon.

Mimikyu started to move as fast as it could, once it was at a safe distance it used swords dance. She managed to do it twice before getting hit. Ambipom hit Mimikyu so hard that a big cloud of dust had gathered around them.
Once the dust cloud was gone, they could see Mimikyu's disguise being broken, it's eyes flashing deadly.

"Now hit him with play rough!" The young brunette ordered.

Usui couldn't help but stare. The movement between trainer and Pokémon were very in sync. Thanks to Mimikyu's disguise she had the opportunity to sharply raise its attack twice. One hit could result in a one hit kill.

"Ambipom, look out!" The blonde boy shouted, but is was too late. Mimikyu already hit Ambipom twice, he was knocked out. Mimikyu backed down and went back to its trainer.

"You did amazing, I'm so proud of you!" Gloria told her Mimikyu while patting it on its now broken head.

Gloria glanced at Usui while he was grabbing his second pokeball.

"Your Ambipom was very fast!" She smiled at him. "It's rare for other trainers to break Mimikyu's disguise!"

Usui smiled awkwardly. And threw his second Pokémon onto the field. "Go Primeape!"

Gloria glanced at Mimikyu, she clearly didn't want to battle anymore now her disguise was broken. She grabbed another pokeball and threw it very high up in the air.
"Go get em' Intelleon!" She yelled encouraging to her Pokémon.
Mid air, the water starter Intelleon jumped out and immediately started to use dark pulse on it's opponent. It made a loop while landing elegantly on its two feet. Once again, the crowd went wild when seeing the champions starter Pokémon. Gloria heard Hop's voice shouting above everyone else's. The battle versus Primeape went less smoothly, but Intelleon got away with minimum damage. Intelleon ended it's opponent with a snipe shot.

Usui threw out his last Pokémon. Gloria glanced at Intelleon. They both nodded and Gloria put Intelleon back in its pokeball. Her bracelet started glowing and Intelleons pokeball started to grow more and more. Dark red clouds started to form around the battle field.

"Its time to show you how a real Galarian battle feels like!" She shouted full with pride. She threw the huge pokeball high up in the sky behind her. Intelleon just Gigantamaxed into its other form, nearly as big as the stadium itself.