Chapter 2

"Hop!" Gloria yells while running forwards.

Hops eyes opened with joy and he opened his arms wide. Gloria took a big leap forwards and jumped right in his arms. Hop closed his arms tightly around her, while trying to maintain balance after catching her. He failed, and they both fell down on the floor with a loud thud. They laughed and held each other for a little longer.

"Gloria! How have you been! It's been so long."

Hop blushed deeply. They both were laying on the stone floor of the altar. Gloria stepped off of him and stood back up again. She was blushing. She reached out a hand for Hop. "I've been great! Busy busy busy, but very good!" she was smiling from ear to ear.

Hop grinned as he took his best friend's hand to get back up. He dusted off his jacket and put his hands in his pocket. "That's good to hear mate." He looked around a bit. They were in the middle of the forest once again. The teens exchanged a rather worried look with each other. Each time they met up here it was foreshadowing a disaster. Gloria stepped up to the altar. Zacian stepped up from behind it.

"There you are, ya mutt! Don't just run off like that ever again, ya got me worried sick don't ya know!" the brunette pouted her lip and put Zacian back into its pokeball.

Hop let out a faint laugh. Before the gym challenge she used to talk like that all the time. He remembered Oleana was willing to hire someone once who could help Gloria with keeping her volume down as she spoke. His chest felt thight. He just realized how much he missed her.

"Hey Glo," Hop looked away while mumbling this to her, avoiding the gaze of his best friend, "I'm sorry for not trying to seek contact with you those past three weeks."

Gloria quietly laughed and grabbed his hands. She took one big step closer to him.

"You must've been busy with your research. Leon talks about how absorbed you are with your research almost nonstop!"

Hop nodded and lifted his head proudly. "Right, I do indee-" he got cut off when he fixed his gaze. Gloria's face was only inches away from his now. He felt his face become flushing red and he took a big step back.

Gloria took another step forwards. She was grinning and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. Hop looked away once again. She was just teasing him. If she continued this for much longer it would be harder and harder to contain control.

"Say, Hop, have you actually-" Gloria suddenly stopped talking and took a step backwards.

All of a sudden the altar shined a bright, yellow light. The duo's vision blinded as they went to hold on to each other. Gloria stared at the altar. The ground started shaking underneath her, she tries to reach out to the altar. It suddenly turned red, and Gloria fell into a black hole, with debris following her in.
She finally snapped out of it and looked around in panic. The brunette immediately searched for a specific pokeball in her pocket. All six pokemon were still there.

Hop grabbed Gloria's hands in horror. ''Did you see that too?''

Gloria nodded. ''Yup. " She was trembling, Hop saw a blink of excitement in her eyes. Hop looked away.

In his vision there were two strangers in front of him. He sees himself pulling out a shield, while Gloria pulls out a sword to attack the strangers. A red sun was rising high up in the sky. When Hop looked at Gloria in the vision, once the sun was high she was laying in the arms of one of the two strangers.

"It can't be a coincidence for this to happen..." Hop pondered to himself. He was rather worried about his best friend. Why did he see a different vision than Gloria? It must have been so I can protect her.

"We are gonna figure this out as soon as possible." he stammered. Maybe this was his chance to prove they were equals once again.

"Yes we are!" Gloria shouted with one of her fists raised up in the air. "Honestly, I'm so excited for another adventure. I love being a champion, but sometimes all the interviews and meetimgs can get so boring!" She was doing her best not to jump up and down in excitement.

Hop felt a sting of jealousy. It felt bad. She was talking about his dream, that she managed to achieve. Hearing her talk about it like that made him feel a bit mad. He tried his best to shake this feeling off. This wasn't the time for jealousy.

He held out his hand. "Let me take you home. It'll take a while before we get out of this forest."

Gloria smiled and took his hand. Her cheeks were flushing, although she was doing her best to hide it.

Once Hop brought Gloria home he walked back home in a faster pace than usual. He grabbed his rotophone. He had to call Sonia as soon as possible. Hop promised with Gloria to meet as early as possible at the Pokémon lab in Wedgehurst. He was determined to pretend his vision from happening. He was going to save the girl he loved so much.