9) The Prankster

Mulai dari awal

"We there already?" I yawn, leaning back. This ain't half bad. Got my own ride to the city.

"Only a few more minutes," he replies calmly. "Would you like me to let you walk?"

"Nah, I like having a free ride every now and then," I smirk, crossing my legs. He sighs and keeps walking.

"Fang, what the heck?" Snow laughs. "Got yourself a red chocobo or something?"

"You could call him that. I'll name him Hottie." Vincent glances down and raises an eyebrow. "If only he could live up to that name." Vampy huffs irritably and looks back forward.

"Hey Fang! Vinnie doesn't like being called ugly!" Yuffie giggles.

"I didn't call him ugly. Just said he wasn't hot."

"You seemed to think otherwise on Mideel," he murmurs, mood suddenly changed to amusement.

"I said it was hot, not you."

"Does that make me an it?"

"Do you have a gender?" I shoot back.

"Pretty sure I'm a man," he smirks down at me.

"Pretty sure?" I laugh. "Well I certainly hope you figure that out soon, Vin."

He doesn't complain that he has to carry me all the way to Midgar, nor that he has to live with me, Vanille, and Yuffie until we get used to this world. Poor guy's gonna be the only man in his house for awhile. Not that he should mind.

"Your room is down the hall and to the right," he says to me. "Vanille and Yuffie will be right across the hall."

"Where'll you be?"

"The living room."

"Vincent! I can't take your room from you!" I insist while the younger girls skip off to explore the apartment.

"I always sleep on the couch," he says finally after sulking to the kitchen.

"Why?"

"It is just more comfortable to me."

"You're weird," I shake my head and cross my arms. "You know that?"

"Yuffie tells me on a daily basis."

"Smart girl," I grin before noticing his frown. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He turns to pretend to be busy with the cabinet.

"Vincent," I snap. He ignores me. Angered, I grab his stupidly high collar and yank him down so that he's looking me in the eye. "I don't like being ignored, Vincent." His expression darkens and he jerks away.

"Deal with it." I clench my jaw and resist the urge to throw a punch in his general direction as I throw my hair over my shoulder and stomp away. This is what you're missin' if you upset me, buddy.

"What's wrong, Fang?" Vanille frowns when I flop down onto the carpet in she and Yuffie's room.

"Oh you know, Vincent's bein all angsty again."

"Psh, he's always like that," Yuffie waves me off.

"Honestly, how do you do it?" I groan, laying back with a thud.

"Eh, you just annoy him until he tells you to go away. I've actually gotten him to yell at me a few times!"

"... Good job, I guess?"