Chapter 23 ~ The game is on

Start from the beginning

He stops petting Max and smiles at me. "It's a dog though." He pouts and I roll my eyes at him, giving him a hug.

"I missed you," I say as I bury my face in the crook of his neck, not wanting to let go. Afraid if I do then he'll leave again.

"I missed you more." He says, hugging back super tight.

We pull away and Dad goes to shake Clint's hand, welcoming him back while I hug Natasha. Both of us happy that we got our long lost friend back. We decide to join everyone in a side room where Bruce, Scott, and Rhodey are all talking. Nebula is working on Scott's suit. Scott's in a suit that's similar to his Ant-Man suit, but it's white and red.

"Time travel suit, not bad," Rhodey says.

Bruce goes over to the suit with something red in a glass tube, trying to put it in the suit.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" Scott warns Bruce.

"I'm being very careful," Bruce tells him.

"No, you're being very Hulky," Scott argues.

"I'm being careful," Bruce argues back.

"Paul, stop being dramatic," I tell him.

Scott holds up the red glass tube. "These are Pym Particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." Scott overreacts.

"Scott, calm down," Rhodey tells him.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round-trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." Scott says calmly this time. He tries to put the tube in the suit, accidentally presses a button, shrinking himself before growing back to normal size. "One test run." I roll my eyes at him. "All right. I'm not ready for this."

"I'll do it," I speak up. Everyone looks at me. "I got nothing to lose honestly." I shrug.

Dad looks at me worriedly. "You sure about this, (Y/n)?" He asks me.

I shrug. "Why not? It'll be fun, right?"

So Scott and I switch places, with me now in the Quantum Suit. Nebula fixes the suit up on me as I look around at everyone. To be honest, I'm nervous as hell, but like I said before I got nothing to lose. I might as well do something instead of standing on the side watching things.

"(Y/n), now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about that." Bruce tells me.

"You know, you tell me not to worry about it, but now I'm worried about it. Especially since I don't know what you just said." I tell him.

"Wait a second. Let me ask you something." Rhodey speaks up, talking to Bruce. "If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos? You know, and..." He makes a gesture suggesting that we strangle baby Thanos with a rope. I couldn't help, but laugh at that.

"First of all, that's horrible," Bruce tells him.

"It's Thanos." Rhodey shrugs.

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Bruce tells all of us.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott says.

"Bingo." Clint points at him.

"That's not how it works." Nebula says.

"Well, that's what we heard," I say for both Clint and me.

"What, by who? Who told you that?" Bruce asks.

"Star Trek, Terminator, Timecop, Time After Time..." Rhodey starts listing movies with his fingers.