Together Breakfast

Start from the beginning

        It stopped when the warp pad chimed, depositing a familiar tall figure. "Hey, Rose!" She shifted down and tossed the gun away, folding her arms behind her back innocently.

        Rose Quartz smiled and stepped down from the warp pad. "Hello, Amethyst. Hello, Steven."

        "Where've you been?" Amethyst asked. "You've been gone for, like, days."

        "Yeah! And I made a breakfast for us," Steven whined, walking to the counter and grabbing his plate for her to see.

        "I was out patrolling," Rose replied as Amethyst sauntered up to her.

        "But wheeeeree? You're always out patrolling somewhere mysterious!"

        Rose only smiled. "I found something for you."

        Amethyst immediately lit up. "Yeah?"

        Setting her gem aglow, Rose withdrew from it what looked like a broad-brimmed, cone-shaped hat. Amethyst grabbed it—"Aw, cool!"—and ran off through the Temple door. It oozed shut immediately behind her.

        "Amethyst, wait!" Steven cried, and ran forward, though he knew he wouldn't be able to get through the door.

        "What's wrong, Steven?"

        "Well. . . I want us to all have breakfast together, so I made Together Breakfast! But everyone keeps leaving."

        "Ohh. You know, I think I have just the thing."

        He perked up. "You do?"

        She smiled mysteriously and turned, waving a hand and opening the Temple door. "Come with me."

        Entranced, he followed her into the pink, cloudy room, jumping a little when the door disappeared behind them. "Uh— Rose? Where'd the door go?"

        "It's okay, I can summon it again when we want to leave."

        He let himself relax. He trusted her. Instead, he let himself gaze around at the whorls of pink wisps—they even walked on what looked like a fluffy pink carpet of clouds. "Wooow, this is so cool!"

        Rose's reply came in the form of a soft laugh. "I'm glad you like it—but I can show you something even better!" She stopped and turned, fixing him with her soft gaze. "Ask the room for something. Anything you want."

        "Anything I want?" he gasped, and at her nod, he paused, thinking. "I want. . . a flying pink whale!"

        With a soft poof!, a tiny pink whale materialised in the air beside him, and wailed a soft song. "WHOA! Rose! Look at my whale!"

        She laughed, delighted. "It's wonderful, Steven!"

        "I want a purple Dogcopter to keep her company!"

        Another poof, and soon Dogcopter and the whale were frolicking around the room. Steven grinned up at Rose. "Hey, this is great!. . . but, what did you bring me here for?"

        "Watch this." She raised her voice, addressing the room. "Can I have the Crystal Gems?"

        From a lump of pink cloud a few paces away, first Amethyst, and then Garnet emerged, flashing Steven dazzling smiles.

        He gasped in delight, and then frowned. "Wait. . . are they cloud-Gems?"

        "Yes," Rose smiled. "And now we can have your breakfast all together, like you wanted!"