Chapter 49

REGINA'S POV:
I wake up at 2:30 in the afternoon and still my husband isn't here so I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

Phone ringing. . .

Hi, hon. Bakit ka napatawag? Is there any problem?

Nothing. I just wanna ask you if you could make a time for us to bond?

Can we do it tomorrow? After mass maybe?

Why? Can't you make it? Can't you excuse yourself? I called you hoping that we can go out before the night ends. But it looks like you can't make it. I'm sorry for disturbing you.

No, it's not what you think. I know you're thinking that my work is highly priority than you guys, it's not that honey. Wait for me, I'll just arrange this papers and I'll be coming home already.

You don't need to pull out yourself on your work if you're doing something important. We do understand. Just continue doing your job. We'll just wait you on dinner, if you can do it for dinner.

Are you mad? Didn't Thania explain it to you about it? She told me she understand our situation that we need to work for her. That not everytime we can be at her side.

Yes she understand. But it doesn't mean we need to prioritize our job more. She's not complaining but I can see in her eyes that she's longing for our time and attention.

I'll make it up to her tomorrow if I can't do it today. I promise.

It's okay if you can't, hobey. We can't dictate you. Just continue what you are doing. Take care always, okay? I'll just see you.

Okay, honey. Take care too. I love you. I need to hang up now.

Call ended

REGINA'S POV:
I'm sorry if we can't give you our full time sweetie. But I will, we will try to make sure that we didn't missed any of your important events in life. That we will spend more time with you. I know that you'll part your ways soon. And I don't know if I can do it? Maybe we will lost a lot of time talking and seeing each other. I wished you've never grown this fast. I'll be missing you when you already entered your college. I hope you'll never ever forgets to bond and have time with us, most of all to me. Kung ako lang masusunod, I'll be asking you to go on home schooling so that I'll be always at your side when I need you, and vice versa.

5PM. . .

REGINA'S POV:
Nasa kusina ako ngayon, kasalukuyang niluluto ang uulamin namin, malapit naman na maluto. Si Thania nasa kwarto pa rin at natutulog, si Herminio naman ay wala pa rin hanggang ngayon. Siguro hindi na siya makakaabot for dinner, naiintindihan ko naman na may work soya pero hindi ba niya kayang itigil na muna para makauwi’t makakain kasama namin? I'm starting to doubt about her boss already. I got back to my senses when someone hugged me from behind.

THANIA: What's for dinner, Mommy?

REGINA: Guess what?

THANIA: Ehh? Do I really need to guess it?

REGINA: Why not? Sige na upo ka na don at nang makakain na tayo.