Something Strange

Anti ran through endless hallways.

At each door, someone was screaming inside.

Calling for help.

Blood curdling screams. Drowning and echoing in his mind. Surrounding him.

Voices telling him terrible things. Things he's probably done.

Suddenly he tripped over his own feet, landing harshly on his stomach. When he looked up, there was a figure standing over him. Cloaked in black with glowing eyes, teeth practically glinting in the dark with a smirk.

"Did you forget, little puppet?" he started to lean down but Anti pushed himself back, shaking, "Have you really forgotten what you are?"

He couldn't speak and when he tried to, the figure growled low, "I'll be coming for you soon, puppet. We're not finished."

He went to reach for his hair but Anti flinched back, eyes clenched shut, "Get away from me!"

His breathe shot from his lungs and he opened his eyes. His heart raced wildly as he stared around, seeing that he was back in his room. 

He was calming a bit until he saw a figure in the corner of his eye by the window and he snapped his gaze over. . . . . . only to see nothing there.

'Calm down, moron' he shook his head and wiped his wet face, 'It was just a dream. Deep breathes.'

He unconsciously started rocking himself in his seated position, trying to calm his shakes. Anti swallowed and reached for the glass of water on the bedside table, chugging it.

'But that's not the first time I've seen that figure. . . . who could it be? Someone I knew? Or could it be my conscious? No, don't be stupid, Anti' he shook his head again only to irritate his head. It started to ache from the stress. Instead of going to bother Henrik, however, for some pain killers, he laid his head back down carefully.

He sighed heavily as he tried falling back to sleep, 'Puppet. . . . .  I don't like that word'

By this time it's been almost a week since the fire. And yet still no one could explain how it happened or how Anti hit his head, losing his memory. Jackie was done waiting. He was sure something was going on behind his back and he was going to find out. He'd have to go to the station himself.

Jackie was sitting at the kitchen table eating a quick breakfast bar when Marvin swooped in. He looked happy. Better than he'd been in a few days. Jackie smiled at him, "Hey bro! Morning!"

"Morning!" Marvin grinned back but his happiness seemed to suddenly dull upon seeing him. 

Was it because of their scuffle before? He hated that. Jackie knew he could be a jackass but he never caught onto it until it was too late.

"Hey man. . . . I'm sorry about what I said the other night. I didn't mean  . . . I mean you KNOW what I meant, right?"

"Sure"

"It doesn't sound like it"

"No, really, I do, Jackie. I get it. Don't worry. We all have our circumstances and abilities. But just because I've been struggling doesn't mean you know the full extent of what I can do, Jackie"

He was a little put off by that but nodded anyways, "A-alright. Okay. What does that mean?"

Marvin smiled, excited to share his accomplishment with anyone, "It was awesome, Jackie! I did a card trick for Anti the other day!"