20

ADELINE'S POV

——-1 week later——-

I sigh as the cold New York air rushes to my face as I exit my dorm building.

I turn the music up in my AirPods and start my journey to Timothée's apartment. I leave back to Maine tonight for thanksgiving break so I decided to spend my last few hours here with my boyfriend.

After a few minutes of walking, I stop to grab a coffee and continue my walk.

I smile at the security guard, as usual, and make my way into the elevator. Luckily today, I am alone in the elevator as I tap my foot, waiting for the machine to bring me to the 15th floor.

Once I get to the floor, I walk down the long hallway and just as I'm about to knock on Timothée's door it flies open and a girl brushes past me, clearly upset.

She had medium length, dirty blonde hair and brown eyes, my mind searching to find where I've seen her before. And then it hits me.

Lily Rose Depp.

She doesn't say a word as she walks past me and down the hall. All she acknowledges me with is a dirty stare. I catch the door with my hand and walk in, only to find a very angry looking Timothée.

"What was that?" I ask, confusion written all over my face.

"Lily" is all he says in response.

"No, I know who she is but why was she here?" I ask, trying to keep my calm.

I'm not a very ill mannered or vile person. I always try to keep my mind calm and clear, but when it comes to jealousy I become a bitch. It's my worst trait.

"I don't know she wanted to talk about things" he huffs, running a hand through his hair.

"What things Timothée?" I respond, my voice raising slightly.

"Can we please not talk about it?" He asks, clearly getting frustrated.

"Did you know she was coming?" I continue to press for answers.

"I literally just asked that we didn't talk about it, so stop" He snaps, causing my eyes to widen.

"And I asked Santa Clause for a dad for 15 years in a row, we don't always get what we ask for" I snap back.

"She wanted to talk things out. She just showed up, trust me I didn't ask her to be here" he finally explains, lowering his voice.

"Did you talk things out?" I ask, lowering my voice as well.

He shrugs. "Yea until she said she wanted to get back together and I told her that I had a girlfriend"

"Interesting" I mutter, not daring to look away from my shoes.

"Adeline please don't be mad" he begs as I watch his feet walk towards me.

I lift my head to finally meet his stare. "I'm not mad"

He glares at me, clearly not believing me. "Yea okay" he responds sarcastically.