19.1: Business & Pleasure

Start from the beginning

When I turn to my left-hand side, I see Evan coming out of a room at the end of the hallway with his phone out. I had a feeling he wanted to call me so I shouted to gain his attention.

"Evan!" I wave my hand in the air and his gaze fell on me.

"Brena? I was about to call you."

He walks towards me to meet me halfway. "Yeah, I was looking for the conference room. The information wasn't specific at all." I complain.

Evan smiles, "I knew something held you up. You're an early bird."

"You damn right." I nod in agreement before we walked into the room.

Everyone was already seated anticipating my arrival. There were 12 black chairs in the room but they were divided into 6 on opposite sides. For each person, there was a bottle of water placed on the table. 8 seats were occupied sp far and I spotted Hannah, Evan's assistant.

I quickly waved at her with a smile on my face. With me and Evan entering the room, that would make ten people in the room and there are two vacant seats.

"Gentlemen. Meet Brena Phillips, the daughter of our former CEO Victoria Phillips." Evan said while introducing me to the crew.

The first man I shook hands with was very good-looking. A bit short but with his blue eyes and shoulder-length brown hair he would have a successful modeling career if he ever chose to pursue it. The rest of the men looked slightly older. Three of them were bald with a tan and small wrinkles on their foreheads.

They were the brothers who owned the company. "Buongiorno. Thank you for meeting with me." I responded saying Good morning in Italian.

Thank you, LJ. I squeal in excitement inside my mind.

From the papers I noticed the rest of the people around the table pulling out of their folders, I'm guessing they were either attorneys or assistants. One of the brothers with the birthmark on his upper left eye spoke up.

"Buongiorno Bella. I'm Dino Benatti." He stretched forth his right hand and I shook it.

He turns to his right-hand side, "These are my brothers, Enrico." He changed direction to his right-hand side. "And Gino Benatti."

After the introduction, they were about to commence with the meeting because it was already 11:20 am. Just when Mr. Gino wanted to speak, there was a knock that caught our attention. Hannah briskly went to check the door, to avoid further distractions.

I saw Mr.Dino's eyes light up in joy so I turn my gaze to the door. I couldn't believe who was standing before me. At this point, my life needed to be a movie. Maybe a reality TV show.

What the hell is Desmond doing here?

"Scusate per il ritardo. Buongiorno signore." Desmond apologizes for being late.

Since when did he speak Italian? I see him passing a piece of paper to the young lady behind him. When she steps forward to grab it, I see Rachael. Her eyes meet mine and her facial expression shrieks of pure confusion.

When Desmond notices, he followed the direction Rachael was staring at and his eyes settles on me. His face was blank and I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Not that I could tell what I was thinking either. It suddenly felt really hot in the room. I unbutton my blazer and picked up a paper to fan myself. Desmond takes a sit across from me while Rachael sits next to me.